Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

board presses

Illuminati

yeah, i posted this on the PL board, but maybe if i post it here too, ill get replies faster.
anybody here do board presses? if so, what size boards do you use? im wondering if a 2x4 cut into 1 foot lengths stacked (or held together with velcro) will work. thanks in advance for any input...

mine are 2x6, but if you have someone who can hold it for you, 2x4's would work fine. 15 inches seems to be the standard. mine are longer and i dont like it...its too much. my 2x6's sit well on the chest, i usually wear 2 shirts and tuck it under one, since i dont have anyone to hold them for me.

bignate73 said:
mine are 2x6, but if you have someone who can hold it for you, 2x4's would work fine. 15 inches seems to be the standard. mine are longer and i dont like it...its too much. my 2x6's sit well on the chest, i usually wear 2 shirts and tuck it under one, since i dont have anyone to hold them for me.

agreed, the underneath the shirt technique is key

I also use 2x6's with industrial velcro to hold them together. If you have a home gym having them permanently nailed together in stacks of 2,3, 4, 5 is nice, but for those of us who have to cart them to the commerical gym, only having 5 boards total is better.

Also, make one of the boards slightly longer and cut the extra length into a handle which can be used to hold them.

2x6s do work better (more stable) even if they are held at the higher board heights 2x4s are easy to tip over....

I like a little longer like 18-20 inches for the main boards - I wouldn't go less than 15-16 inches.

thanks bros. i work out at a commericial gym, so i plan on using some industrial velcro to keep them together so that i dont have to lug around as much equipment. seems like 2x6's are the way to go at 16 inches.

Top Bottom