Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bloating from carbs

JG1

I was following a low carb diet for a while. Basically my first two meals were carbs/protein, and the remainder of my meals were protein with healthy fats.

Last week I added more carbs in my diet, 5 meals protein/carbs with fish oil caps in every meal. My carbs come from mostly oatmeal, All-Bran extra fiber cerial, and some rice. Usualy I eat about 60g carbs per meal and I take 500mg ALA right before each meal.

I'm noticing I'm not gaining any fat since adding the carbs, but I seem to be holding some water, especialy in my face.

Can I expect the bloat to go away after my body gets used to the increased carbs? Is this just a temporary bloat?

JG1 said:
I was following a low carb diet for a while. Basically my first two meals were carbs/protein, and the remainder of my meals were protein with healthy fats.

Last week I added more carbs in my diet, 5 meals protein/carbs with fish oil caps in every meal. My carbs come from mostly oatmeal, All-Bran extra fiber cerial, and some rice. Usualy I eat about 60g carbs per meal and I take 500mg ALA right before each meal.

I'm noticing I'm not gaining any fat since adding the carbs, but I seem to be holding some water, especialy in my face.

Can I expect the bloat to go away after my body gets used to the increased carbs? Is this just a temporary bloat?

Yes there is a slight rebound effect when you re-introduce carbs after a period of low carbing, but drink alot of water and you should feel normal soon.

Another possiblity may be that the ALA may be making you retain access water. Some bros on Elite were talking about this, and i think i am experiencing a little bit of that now.

Btw IMO oatmeal tends to make me hold water, try switching to sweet potatoes or regular pototoes, if you cant tolerate cheek chubs:) it tends to work for me.

Thanks bro, I'll try that.

BTW, do you know how many carbs are in a medium sized sweet potatoe?

The bloat is completely gone. I also ended up losing 3lbs since last week when I added carbs back in my diet.....go figure.

Top Bottom