Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

black calves problem

nemocolon+

I'm a real bro,
How can I get to increase the muscle on my calves, I have been working out for 2 years straight and muscle growth has developed everywhere except my calves, do you think that's my Calf Anatomy and I just can't do anything about it?

The calf muscles are one of the largest endurance muscles in your body. Trying to get your calve muscles to grow is almost the equivalent of trying to get the muscles in your jaw to grow. Think about it. Your calves are designed to be able to carry you for hours if you needed to walk a far distance.

Calves respond best to high reps and low reps. They are a mix of type 1, 2a and 2b muscle fibres. I recommend hitting them every other day or twice per week and alternating heavy days (6-10 rep ranges for working sets) and volume days (10-100 rep ranges for working sets).

Remember to do some seated calf exercises in addition to straight leg calf exercises to ensure you hit both the gastronomeus and soleus muscles.

like musky said if you are genetically gifted with calves vs. not it will make a huge difference

but either or you still need to work them out.. many guys don't even work out their calves .. and also you need to work out your front lower legs too so you do not create an imbalance.

i have good genetics for calves but I also work my lower legs out better than 99% of guys in my gym. i also have a running history so naturally my calves are going to have a lot more muscle and conditioning than your average gym rat

It is very very difficult to develop calves. Usually runners and rugby players have impressive calves, so I dont think it only boils down to genetics. But that has to do a lot as well tho.

People just don't work calves hard enough in my opinion. They are not like any other muscle since they carry thousands of pounds every day just from walking. You need to work them extremely hard. Lots and lots of sets and varying between high and low reps. Arnold used to cut his pants into shorts because his calves were weak. He forced himself to look at them all day to remind him how hard they needed to be worked.

Top Bottom