Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Pearl only recommends one tablespoon of fat perday!

"Has anyone grown on these small ammounts of protein?"

Yes, but I'm a female, and I cycle my protein so some days are much higher than that. I certainly eat a LOT more protein than that when I'm dieting though!

There is very good evidence that strength athletes will grow better on diets that contain ~1.6-1.8g protein per day per kilo (and adequate calories). This is close enough to 0.8g per pound. I have never seen any evidence that MORE protein than this will lead to better muscle gains, and many people can get by on less (prisoners being a great example), but they've got lots of training and recovery time on their side. There is also pretty strong evidence that chronically high protein intakes merely lead to increased oxidation of protein as fuel instead of as muscle building blocks, which may explain why some bodybuilders end up eating ridiculously high amounts of protein. It becomes a viscous circle where increased protein intake leads to increased oxidation, which leads to an even greater increase in need for protein, which leads to even greater increases in protein oxidation......

MS this is another area in which I have made changes. I have started ( well have been doing for about 3 weeks) cycling protein. I too, used to consume high 200 or more grams per day for long periods of time. Of course when precontest levels were high the entire time. I can relate to the less effecient use of protein by the body as my results as far as lbm gain were not impressive to say the least. ( not trying to gain lbm on precontest) I would stay high pro even after competing and low carb as well. Now I have upped the carbs (starchy) and do cycle them as well-higher on wo days, less on off days. BTW the amounts of starchy carbs are low-65 grams on wo days, approx 1/3 less on off days. Fibrous carbs -about 5-6 cups or so every day, don't really measure those!!!!!!

Can say I feel way better-less brain fog. Also appear to be holding on to lbm-course I havent' really been doing much in the way of aerobics. Just lifting heavy 3xweek.

Fat is low just use fish oil and whatever is in meat and one egg yolk per day.

Am making nice gains-again like never before. I'll be 45 tomorrow so for me this is wonderful.-valerie

MS, could you please give us an example on how you cycle your protein intake? Because it seems a very good ideea, I've red something about it in some magasines, but I haven't seen anything concrete.

Top Bottom