Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Big Bankruptcies coming down the pike?

Arabian

Elite Mentor
Moderator
Platinum
not a good time for the economy.

a california CITY is declaring bankruptcy! (Vallejo)
 
Lestat said:
not a good time for the economy.

a california CITY is declaring bankruptcy! (Vallejo)
I agree..... Ryans and Freidmans are nationwide ..... I suspect poor management in those cases.....
 
wow i didnt even know a city can do that, oh well better than raising the taxes and making us pay for it. although we will pay for it some way or another
 
gstacker said:
wow i didnt even know a city can do that, oh well better than raising the taxes and making us pay for it. although we will pay for it some way or another
Its rather scary to consider that your city can go chapter 11 however Im not sure it will. I would think that California would float a Government loan to bail it out and pay the creditors...if it went chapter 13 then the city would have to be reincorporated and started new and pretty sure they cant do that under federal laws....
 
Arabian said:
Its rather scary to consider that your city can go chapter 11 however Im not sure it will. I would think that California would float a Government loan to bail it out and pay the creditors...if it went chapter 13 then the city would have to be reincorporated and started new and pretty sure they cant do that under federal laws....
as long as the city is NOT new orleans the bushbarains will bail it out ...... :rolleyes:
 
Nah, BK's allow companies to protect them from creditors (banks) and allow them to restructure.

Usually BK's make a company stronger. stocks go up. Kinda like how people file for BK. Afterwards, they're in a better financial shape.

As for Banks - it's okay. Bush is doing a good job at sucking off Saudis, so they'll bail our banks out.

r
 
gstacker said:
wow i didnt even know a city can do that, oh well better than raising the taxes and making us pay for it. although we will pay for it some way or another


the world is one big group of business's. countries have gone bankrupt. can you imagine the estate auction on a country? that would be sweet.
 
According to the Republicans, our economy is BOOMING. LOL. Ask MrPlunkey or one of the other conservo-natzis on here.
 
heatherrae said:
According to the Republicans, our economy is BOOMING. LOL. Ask MrPlunkey or one of the other conservo-natzis on here.
So true... businesses should never fail and if they start to, the goverment should bail them out.

And people should always be guaranteed a home, car and lots and lots of food.

And free vacations for all!

And a bright new tomorrow, where every dog has a home...

And never mind those 2 billion people willing to accept a lower standard than ours. If we can just redistribute the wealth toward all those noble working poor we'll be all set.
 
Razorguns said:
Nah, BK's allow companies to protect them from creditors (banks) and allow them to restructure.

Usually BK's make a company stronger. stocks go up. Kinda like how people file for BK. Afterwards, they're in a better financial shape.

As for Banks - it's okay. Bush is doing a good job at sucking off Saudis, so they'll bail our banks out.

r
Bankruptcies make companines stronger? :worried: Then why does the stock go 0 and you loose all of your money.... You have no idea what you are talking about.... stay on the uneducated threads with your thoughts please..
 
mrplunkey said:
So true... businesses should never fail and if they start to, the goverment should bail them out.

And people should always be guaranteed a home, car and lots and lots of food.

And free vacations for all!

And a bright new tomorrow, where every dog has a home...

And never mind those 2 billion people willing to accept a lower standard than ours. If we can just redistribute the wealth toward all those noble working poor we'll be all set.
LOL...that is a kindergarten level response, if I've ever heard one. You have to constantly resort to absurd exagerations because you can't argue the actual facts.
 
heatherrae said:
LOL...that is a kindergarten level response, if I've ever heard one. You have to constantly resort to absurd exagerations because you can't argue the actual facts.
Just like a liberal. Try to give them what they want and they still don't like your answer.

What if I throw-in lotto tickets for life into the deal too? I bet we could write that into the consitution through the judiciary if you want to!
 
mrplunkey said:
Just like a liberal. Try to give them what they want and they still don't like your answer.

What if I throw-in lotto tickets for life into the deal too? I bet we could write that into the consitution through the judiciary if you want to!
Your ignorance is actually astounding. It is only exceeded by your hatefulness. I don't have time in my life for people like you.

Be gone.
 
heatherrae said:
According to the Republicans, our economy is BOOMING. LOL. Ask MrPlunkey or one of the other conservo-natzis on here.
Im not a republican, but I gotta step in here...simply because its obvious you arent really sure what youre talking about.

How is the economy in such bad shape? You think there is going to be this major recession? I would like for you to explain why this is.

You would probably say housing, right? You would probably throw in the words "subprime" and "foreclosures" in there. Interesting, considering the housing market makes up less than 4% of the economy as a whole. It would be physically impossible for the housing market to drag the entire economy into a recession.

"Yeah, well the subprime mess extends far beyond the housing market. Take a look at all the big banks!" Yeah, Citigroup and ML have been hit hard, but you take a look at BofA who just bought Countrywide, or JPM who is in talks to buy out WAMU. These things dont happen when the economy is in the shitter. Jesus, even the AAA ratings for AMBAC and MBIA were upheld on Monday.

The only aspect that has the potential to drag the economy into a recession is consumer spending, and that will be because of folks like yourself who erroneously believe that the economy is going down the tubes just because CNN says other people think so.

Despite what you may hear on the news in the morning when you are getting out of the shower, the economy as a whole is still trucking along.
 
I told everyone a year ago that the housing market bubble would burst.

Everyone - especially MTS - just LOL'd at my predictions. Made all kinds of claims and crapped out stats to why I was wrong...

Look at it now bitches!!!

Now watch the next step of this be the unemployment line grows...
 
AAP said:
I told everyone a year ago that the housing market bubble would burst.

Everyone - especially MTS - just LOL'd at my predictions. Made all kinds of claims and crapped out stats to why I was wrong...

Look at it now bitches!!!

Now watch the next step of this be the unemployment line grows...
No offense, but anybody who read Forbes or MSN Money over the past 2 years would have known this was happening. There was talk about this way back in 2003 after that retard Greenspan not only lowered rates dramatically, but told the public that ARMs were the wave of the future.
 
AAP said:
I told everyone a year ago that the housing market bubble would burst.

Everyone - especially MTS - just LOL'd at my predictions. Made all kinds of claims and crapped out stats to why I was wrong...

Look at it now bitches!!!

Now watch the next step of this be the unemployment line grows...
I agree, as I stated in an earlier thread we cannot keep this recession from occuring this time.. the cycle has been delayed for years now and this only makes this upcoming recession that much worse
 
AAP said:
I told everyone a year ago that the housing market bubble would burst.

Everyone - especially MTS - just LOL'd at my predictions. Made all kinds of claims and crapped out stats to why I was wrong...

Look at it now bitches!!!

Now watch the next step of this be the unemployment line grows...

Nostradamus_AAP - I hope it was 2 years ago, because the housing market was clearly ready to burst by 2005. Also, its not true everywhere - only people who made poor investments in areas that were over-built.
 
It was suspected 2 years ago... quite obvious one year ago... except for all the naysayers...

Damn good time to buy now though. LOL!!
 
AAP said:
It was suspected 2 years ago... quite obvious one year ago... except for all the naysayers...

Damn good time to buy now though. LOL!!

What do you or anyone here else know about Charleston, SC - I'm going to check out the housing market there in April for a long term buy?
 
AAP said:
It was suspected 2 years ago... quite obvious one year ago... except for all the naysayers...

Damn good time to buy now though. LOL!!
i suspect that in the next 5 or 6 months some excellent house bargains will become available.
 
MightyMouse69 said:
What do you or anyone here else know about Charleston, SC - I'm going to check out the housing market there in April for a long term buy?

The only thing I know about Charleston is that I avoid it.
 
heatherrae said:
LOL...that is a kindergarten level response, if I've ever heard one. You have to constantly resort to absurd exagerations because you can't argue the actual facts.

I disagree with your views, but for the most part, you can express why you believe in them rationally. Then the conservo-nazi comes out, and you actually say someone else is being childish. Nothing like calling someone a nazi to get a point across without using actual facts.

Were an instant gratification, credit nation. Can't afford something?? Fuck it, that's what credit cards are made for, we'll pay for it later. House payments too high to get a house?? Fuck it, get an ARM, we'll have it paid down enough later so we can afford it. We'll do it later, it'll be ok.

Now the bills are coming in, and all these guys who didn't think it through are dragging everyone else into their mess. I feel for them, it's a tough situation, but why should I have to pay for their gross negligence? The media points out how hard it is for everyone, and somehow it's Bush's fault.

Blame some other things on Bush, but this should be an issue of personal responsibilty.
 
The housing market is booming tremendously where I live. People are moving from places like Florida, Texas and up North in droves to here.
 
alien amp pharm said:
The housing market is booming tremendously where I live. People are moving from places like Florida, Texas and up North in droves to here.
there goes the neighborhood...... :rolleyes:
 
blackhawk60 said:
personal responsibilty.

I would love for those people to get hit hard and learn their lesson about debt/personal responsibility. Unfortunately their lack of responsibility affects us all and typically we pay for their mistakes from our pockets in one way or the other.
 
blackhawk60 said:
I disagree with your views, but for the most part, you can express why you believe in them rationally. Then the conservo-nazi comes out, and you actually say someone else is being childish. Nothing like calling someone a nazi to get a point across without using actual facts.

Were an instant gratification, credit nation. Can't afford something?? Fuck it, that's what credit cards are made for, we'll pay for it later. House payments too high to get a house?? Fuck it, get an ARM, we'll have it paid down enough later so we can afford it. We'll do it later, it'll be ok.

Now the bills are coming in, and all these guys who didn't think it through are dragging everyone else into their mess. I feel for them, it's a tough situation, but why should I have to pay for their gross negligence? The media points out how hard it is for everyone, and somehow it's Bush's fault.

Blame some other things on Bush, but this should be an issue of personal responsibilty.
As far as the causes of our economy situation, I couldn't agree with you more. People are ignorant for using credit cards (I don't use them), signing ridiculous mortgages, etc.

HOWEVER, the lobby for the credit industry is outrageous. Almost everything is owned by three banks and their subsidiaries. They get around usury laws by charging outrageous "fees" in other areas. In general, America should strike a balance between being overly paternalistic and just letting these industries run rampant until we have a sort of "mobile serfdom" in the United States. We have gone from an economy of production to an economy of consumption that is not going to be sustainable.

Placing the blame on the consumers is not going to ameliorate the situation. In some ways that is like placing the blame on the poor sucker who got so down and out that he/she used a loan shark. They should know better, but you still can't root for the shark.

A prime example of the lenders that are destroying our economy are those title lien places that give loans on car notes. When you add up the interest, you know it up over 300% per annum! So, a family gets desperate because of a layoff or an injury and is trying to decide whether to take out this loan or not feed the kids this week. Then, they can't pay back a $1000 loan with the 300% interest and lose the $8000 family vehicle, and things just get more and more bleak. Now, these are the same people that you don't want on the welfare rolls, right? So, we need to protect the american economy from the eventual collapse under this credit driven economy.

I used to have clients like these. Bad things do happen to good people.
 
heatherrae said:
As far as the causes of our economy situation, I couldn't agree with you more. People are ignorant for using credit cards (I don't use them), signing ridiculous mortgages, etc.

HOWEVER, the lobby for the credit industry is outrageous. Almost everything is owned by three banks and their subsidiaries. They get around usury laws by charging outrageous "fees" in other areas. In general, America should strike a balance between being overly paternalistic and just letting these industries run rampant until we have a sort of "mobile serfdom" in the United States. We have gone from an economy of production to an economy of consumption that is not going to be sustainable.

Placing the blame on the consumers is not going to ameliorate the situation. In some ways that is like placing the blame on the poor sucker who got so down and out that he/she used a loan shark. They should know better, but you still can't root for the shark.

A prime example of the lenders that are destroying our economy are those title lien places that give loans on car notes. When you add up the interest, you know it up over 300% per annum! So, a family gets desperate because of a layoff or an injury and is trying to decide whether to take out this loan or not feed the kids this week. Then, they can't pay back a $1000 loan with the 300% interest and lose the $8000 family vehicle, and things just get more and more bleak. Now, these are the same people that you don't want on the welfare rolls, right? So, we need to protect the american economy from the eventual collapse under this credit driven economy.

I used to have clients like these. Bad things do happen to good people.

I have no doubt that many of the loans were signed with both parties knowing there was no way it was going to be paid. Loans were too easy to get.
I know the places you talk of. They spring up around military towns trying to take in a young soldier cause they know if he can't pay, they can garnish his check. Cash til payday places, Car dealers that get some young joe to buy a mustang he can't afford with interest that's fucking crazy. While these places suck, there still has to be personal responsibility on most of the cases. Some people were sold on the idea...a lot knew they weren't going to be able to afford it, but put off the problem until later. Take care.
 
blackhawk60 said:
I have no doubt that many of the loans were signed with both parties knowing there was no way it was going to be paid. Loans were too easy to get.
I know the places you talk of. They spring up around military towns trying to take in a young soldier cause they know if he can't pay, they can garnish his check. Cash til payday places, Car dealers that get some young joe to buy a mustang he can't afford with interest that's fucking crazy. While these places suck, there still has to be personal responsibility on most of the cases. Some people were sold on the idea...a lot knew they weren't going to be able to afford it, but put off the problem until later. Take care.
I think that desperation drives some people to sign things that they don't know how they are going to pay it back. I think only in rare cases do they take it out with the intention of not paying it back. These have just been my observations.
 
Arabian said:
Bankruptcies make companines stronger? :worried: Then why does the stock go 0 and you loose all of your money.... You have no idea what you are talking about.... stay on the uneducated threads with your thoughts please..

Bankruptcy 101.

Companies that declare/receive BK, are PLANNING on becoming stronger, becoming solvent, have no bills, and are planning to become profitable. Which is easier, when you're not mired in debt.

Thus, these stocks, when they reappear on the market (after meeting standards) are ATTRACTIVE to buy, cuz they're low, and they're only going to RISE.

Ever wonder why individuals who declare BK, their credit score RISES over the next few years? Think about it. Corporate: Same concept, bigger entity.

I can't spend time of my day educating you son, I got shit to do. It's okay, there's night school or google.

r
 
blackhawk60 said:
Then the conservo-nazi comes out, and you actually say someone else is being childish. Nothing like calling someone a nazi to get a point across without using actual facts.

stare_fotografie_08.jpg
 
AAP said:
It was suspected 2 years ago... quite obvious one year ago... except for all the naysayers...

Damn good time to buy now though. LOL!!
Best time to buy will be 12-18 months from now. Fed rate will be 2.5% by the end of '08. Mark my words.

Everything else will follow.
 
heatherrae said:
According to the Republicans, our economy is BOOMING. LOL. Ask MrPlunkey or one of the other conservo-natzis on here.
you were playing with your dolls in the 70s and early 80s I guess
 
Spartacus said:
you were playing with your dolls in the 70s and early 80s I guess
Dont bother. You remember that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when they open up the ark and everybody's faces melt off?

Facts have a similar effect on her.
 
heatherrae said:
According to the Republicans, our economy is BOOMING. LOL. Ask MrPlunkey or one of the other conservo-natzis on here.

I'm a libertarian and the economy was booming. In fact, this nation saw the largest growth in employment in the entire history of the nation during Bush's tenure. I could list a ton of positive economic benefits that occurred under Bush but I would be wasting my breath.

The housing bubble and credit fiasco that is unfolding now is due to market participants speculating in the housing and credit markets. The federal reserve kept interest rates too low for too long and people used that money to create a bubble. And now it is popping.

The President is not at fault. Just like Clinton was not at fault for the stock market bubble in 2000. People wrongly associate economic cycles with the actions of the President when in fact the determinants of the economic cycle are much more complex.

Bush, or Clinton bashing, is pure folly.
 
AAP said:
I told everyone a year ago that the housing market bubble would burst.

Everyone - especially MTS - just LOL'd at my predictions. Made all kinds of claims and crapped out stats to why I was wrong...

Look at it now bitches!!!

Now watch the next step of this be the unemployment line grows...
i was saying the same thing

anytime homes appreciate 300% in 5 years, its a bubble folks.
 
blackhawk60 said:
I disagree with your views, but for the most part, you can express why you believe in them rationally. Then the conservo-nazi comes out, and you actually say someone else is being childish. Nothing like calling someone a nazi to get a point across without using actual facts.

Were an instant gratification, credit nation. Can't afford something?? Fuck it, that's what credit cards are made for, we'll pay for it later. House payments too high to get a house?? Fuck it, get an ARM, we'll have it paid down enough later so we can afford it. We'll do it later, it'll be ok.

Now the bills are coming in, and all these guys who didn't think it through are dragging everyone else into their mess. I feel for them, it's a tough situation, but why should I have to pay for their gross negligence? The media points out how hard it is for everyone, and somehow it's Bush's fault.

Blame some other things on Bush, but this should be an issue of personal responsibilty.

+1

Don't waste your breath. People will bash Republican and Democrats until they are blue in the face. They have no idea how the economy works, and they do not want to know. Blaming someone else for your own woes is much easier and that is the route most people take.
 
Army Vet said:
+1

Don't waste your breath. People will bash Republican and Democrats until they are blue in the face. They have no idea how the economy works, and they do not want to know. Blaming someone else for your own woes is much easier and that is the route most people take.
No use being openminded and speaking the truth here. People wont listen.
 
75th said:
Best time to buy will be 12-18 months from now. Fed rate will be 2.5% by the end of '08. Mark my words.

Everything else will follow.
this is my current prediction too, I'm planning on buying in mid 2009
 
Lestat said:
this is my current prediction too, I'm planning on buying in mid 2009
Indeed. Im buying around April of next year.

Im kind of excited, even though a home isnt really a good investment when you think about it.
 
agree with 75th, however there is still one little fucking problem...

THE EURO dollar will be 60-70% greater than before the bust, thus - they can bid your shit out of the way in a snap. If you had any experiences during the Japanese boom you would of seen this clearly.
 
Keep an eye on inflation. The biggest problem right now looks like the housing and credit markets but inflation has been on the rise and it is getting much worse. I highly doubt interest rates will hit 2.5% with the current level of inflation present.

The feds are in a pickle and that is one of the big topics we talk about every day in our department.

Most here cannot remember Carter and the mess we were in back then. It is funny how history repeats itself.
 
MightyMouse69 said:
What do you or anyone here else know about Charleston, SC - I'm going to check out the housing market there in April for a long term buy?
thought about starting a business there
 
MightyMouse69 said:
agree with 75th, however there is still one little fucking problem...

THE EURO dollar will be 60-70% greater than before the bust, thus - they can bid your shit out of the way in a snap. If you had any experiences during the Japanese boom you would of seen this clearly.
Fuckin japs.
 
Army Vet said:
Keep an eye on inflation. The biggest problem right now looks like the housing and credit markets but inflation has been on the rise and it is getting much worse. I highly doubt interest rates will hit 2.5% with the current level of inflation present.

The feds are in a pickle and that is one of the big topics we talk about every day in our department.

Most here cannot remember Carter and the mess we were in back then. It is funny how history repeats itself.

Yup, that is why buying a house will be no great bargain. I remember standing in line for my family for gas with a can.
 
Army Vet said:
Keep an eye on inflation. The biggest problem right now looks like the housing and credit markets but inflation has been on the rise and it is getting much worse. I highly doubt interest rates will hit 2.5% with the current level of inflation present.

The feds are in a pickle and that is one of the big topics we talk about every day in our department.

Most here cannot remember Carter and the mess we were in back then. It is funny how history repeats itself.
Gotta disagree on this one.

Feds will lower .25% on 3/22, but will probably not take any action during the following meeting. They will lower them again towards the end of the year.

95% of the public dont know or give a shit about inflation. They see low interest rates and theyre happy.
 
heatherrae said:
Your ignorance is actually astounding. It is only exceeded by your hatefulness. I don't have time in my life for people like you.

Be gone.
we get this way tax season
my mother is 67 and loaded
and she works far more than you
 
75th said:
Gotta disagree on this one.

Feds will lower .25% on 3/22, but will probably not take any action during the following meeting. They will lower them again towards the end of the year.

95% of the public dont know or give a shit about inflation. They see low interest rates and theyre happy.

I disagree. 100% of the people care about inflation because it decreases the amount of disposable income available to purchase everything. If inflation is higher than the nominal interest rate (which it is right now) there is a net negative effect and this is disastrous for the economy.

In extreme situations high inflation can mean the difference between eating and going hungry.
 
75th said:
Indeed. Im buying around April of next year.

Im kind of excited, even though a home isnt really a good investment when you think about it.
I need a permanent place to live, a yard for my future dogs!
 
Army Vet said:
I disagree. 100% of the people care about inflation because it decreases the amount of disposable income available to purchase everything. If inflation is higher than the nominal interest rate (which it is right now) there is a net negative effect and this is disastrous for the economy.

In extreme situations high inflation can mean the difference between eating and going hungry.
Yeah I know, but in the short term I think the Feds will be able to balance interest and inflation. We are going to continue seeing this subprime mess continue, and the Feds only reaction will be to drop rates.

It wont be for very long, but it will happen.

We should each put a dollar in an escrow account and whoever is right gets it (which, due to inflation, will probably be worth $.80 by the end of the year).
 
MightyMouse69 said:
agree with 75th, however there is still one little fucking problem...

THE EURO dollar will be 60-70% greater than before the bust, thus - they can bid your shit out of the way in a snap. If you had any experiences during the Japanese boom you would of seen this clearly.

Great point.

Another little tidbit that people tend to ignore is the difference between real and nominal increases in wealth. People think that the stock market made a new high last year but only in a nominal sense. When one takes the effect of the dollar into consideration the real value of DOW is still off close to 30% from its 2000 high.

The bottom line is people think they have more money but they don't.
 
Army Vet said:
I disagree. 100% of the people care about inflation because it decreases the amount of disposable income available to purchase everything. If inflation is higher than the nominal interest rate (which it is right now) there is a net negative effect and this is disastrous for the economy.

In extreme situations high inflation can mean the difference between eating and going hungry.

Again, and this is just a US view - take a world-wide economy view and it is magnified 100 fold.
 
75th said:
Yeah I know, but in the short term I think the Feds will be able to balance interest and inflation. We are going to continue seeing this subprime mess continue, and the Feds only reaction will be to drop rates.

It wont be for very long, but it will happen.

We should each put a dollar in an escrow account and whoever is right gets it (which, due to inflation, will probably be worth $.80 by the end of the year).

I hope (for the sake of all of us) the fed can manage it but things like the dollar collapsing, and a host of other factors, make it a mess.

IMO the best thing that needs to happen is for the system to get flushed out and to let the economy pick up the pieces after the bubble is totally popped.

Japan saw housing prices drop close to 80% in some areas in the 1990's, but you know what, it needed to. Now it is back to a normal, healthy market.
 
Army Vet said:
A nice timely article. There is a good one in the WSJ but it is in the pay portion of the site.
what day?
the print version
 
Army Vet said:
I hope (for the sake of all of us) the fed can manage it but things like the dollar collapsing, and a host of other factors, make it a mess.

IMO the best thing that needs to happen is for the system to get flushed out and to let the economy pick up the pieces after the bubble is totally popped.

Japan saw housing prices drop close to 80% in some areas in the 1990's, but you know what, it needed to. Now it is back to a normal, healthy market.
Thats true, but the main difference (and obstacle) is that Japan is a pure creditor economy, whereas the US is a pure debtor economy. Our dollar is going to continue to drop until we overhaul our entire economic system.
 
Army Vet said:
Obama rallies have people who cry and pass out and get all excited like Nazi's. It is amazing how people can easily succumb to crazy social movements.
Racist.
 
Army Vet said:
Print version. I do not have it here. I'll see if I can dig up the digital article.
I have a routine
the personal section and the other "light" section get read on the toilet and/or while eating
the editorials are read in bed right before sleep
money and investing section goes to work with me the next day
 
MightyMouse69 said:
Vet, you see any personal investment solutions to all this looking forward? appreciate your advice.


I might recommend emerging markets but they are very frothy right now. I've been in gold and precious metals for a while and I will continue to hold those. Normally in this type of environment cash is good, but not the US dollar. The US stock market has me a bit concerned. I really can't give a decent assessment or recommendation in a thread.

Also, I actively manage a portion of my portfolio using quantitative analysis (non-traditional investment techniques). One day I might kick out a thread on how I do that.
 
Spartacus said:
I have a routine
the personal section and the other "light" section get read on the toilet and/or while eating
the editorials are read in bed right before sleep
money and investing section goes to work with me the next day

Mine stack up a few days then I read like crazy while riding the bike at the gym...then they get filed in Folder 13 (the trash can).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120308455281571527.html

Feb 15th is one article I read but that is not the one. There was one in the opinion section I thought that was excellent.
 
Army Vet said:
I might recommend emerging markets but they are very frothy right now. I've been in gold and precious metals for a while and I will continue to hold those. Normally in this type of environment cash is good, but not the US dollar. The US stock market has me a bit concerned. I really can't give a decent assessment or recommendation in a thread.

Also, I actively manage a portion of my portfolio using quantitative analysis (non-traditional investment techniques). One day I might kick out a thread on how I do that.

Thanks for the advice, look forward to your analysis.
 
Army Vet said:
Also, I actively manage a portion of my portfolio using quantitative analysis (non-traditional investment techniques). One day I might kick out a thread on how I do that.
Smart man. We should get together and come up with a kickass article about this. Maybe it could aspire to be a sticky!

I myself have been in Gold for about 2 years now. You may also want to take a look at the Franc and the Australian dollar. Ive had some holdings in that for a while, and tends to do really well when the dollar goes through a rough patch.
 
Army Vet said:
lol

EDIT

I promised no more posting about Obama....and I am going to stick with it! :heart:
OH Hell. then what are we going to debate Vet///////////////////lol
 
Arabian said:
OH Hell. then what are we going to debate Vet///////////////////lol

Obama is too easy a target. Once he gets the nod the Republicans are going to unload on him and it will be hilarious. Dems are too race sensitive (race panders) to give him any real trouble. The funniest thing of this whole election is the party that is supposed to be above race and all of the silly nonsense associated with racial issues has mired itself in swamp of ignorance and silliness. Nothing is funnier than to watch feminists and "civil" rights people go at each other throats. If anything this whole Obama-Hillary mess has shown how shallow the liberals really are and how important race and sex are to them (heck, race and sex trumps experience and so many other thing in their eyes).
 
Army Vet said:
Obama is too easy a target. Once he gets the nod the Republicans are going to unload on him and it will be hilarious. Dems are too race sensitive (race panders) to give him any real trouble. The funniest thing of this whole election is the party that is supposed to be above race and all of the silly nonsense associated with racial issues has mired itself in swamp of ignorance and silliness. Nothing is funnier than to watch feminists and "civil" rights people go at each other throats. If anything this whole Obama-Hillary mess has shown how shallow the liberals really are and how important race and sex are to them (heck, race and sex trumps experience and so many other thing in their eyes).
Osama Obama hell I cant keep it straight....
 
Army Vet said:
I might recommend emerging markets but they are very frothy right now. I've been in gold and precious metals for a while and I will continue to hold those. Normally in this type of environment cash is good, but not the US dollar. The US stock market has me a bit concerned. I really can't give a decent assessment or recommendation in a thread.

Also, I actively manage a portion of my portfolio using quantitative analysis (non-traditional investment techniques). One day I might kick out a thread on how I do that.

Any views on the IPO of Visa?
 
MightyMouse69 said:
Visa's indicated IPO price between $37 and $42 per share
Itll be more than that once it hits the open market. You should probably expect at least $50-60/share.
 
75th said:
Itll be more than that once it hits the open market. You should probably expect at least $50-60/share.

well, you better dump it quick since that will be like a PE of 50
 
Army Vet said:
Obama is too easy a target. Once he gets the nod the Republicans are going to unload on him and it will be hilarious. Dems are too race sensitive (race panders) to give him any real trouble. The funniest thing of this whole election is the party that is supposed to be above race and all of the silly nonsense associated with racial issues has mired itself in swamp of ignorance and silliness. Nothing is funnier than to watch feminists and "civil" rights people go at each other throats. If anything this whole Obama-Hillary mess has shown how shallow the liberals really are and how important race and sex are to them (heck, race and sex trumps experience and so many other thing in their eyes).
I think it's gonna be a rout

mccain's already 5% up in the polls
 
Top Bottom