Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Biceps Excercises

gjohnson5 said:
Here is an alternate view. I have to disagree with most all here.

The bicep is not 2 muscles it is 3. 2 heads of the bicep brachii and the brachailis
You can use back excersizes such as rows or pull ups to build biceps. The problem with this is that you cannot supinate. Supination is your friend, therefore I believe in dumbell curls standing or lying on incline bench. I think someone mentioned preacher curls. Yes those are also good for building biceps. Someone also sais hammer curls build separation. Hammer curls build the brachailis muscle which is just below the bicep on the outside of the arm and just above the tricep.

As far as the work "lift" goes, I don't consider curls a "lift" Curls are an isolation movement. Well alot of people don't perform them like and isolation movement as they use back sway to get the weights up. Those people "lift" when doing curls. These people can also hurt thier backs with way. People who "train" use good posture when doing standing curls.

Well put GJ! Everything you said mirrors what I mentioned in greater detail and explanation. Although I would add barbell curls, as they allow you to use heavier weight (the combination of 2 arms), in turn giving you a more intense pump. Considered to be a mass builder.

The bicep is a small muscle, I wouldnt go with more than 4 or 5 sets (heavy).

As far as I have seen it is usually only the experts who do curls safely, and efficiently. I believe its not an isolation exercise, so dont use a preacher bench, or that bullcrap where you have ur back and head on the wall. But then once again dont use your lower back. When you curl dont isolate your biceps, recruit your shoulders, and upper back ( NEVER your lower back). If you use your lower back, you wont be going to the gym in a while if you do it too hard.

Also, like some have said above, do back. such as cable rows, cable pull downs, and Pull ups. PULL UPS are the ultimate upper body workout in my own opinion. And dont forget your tris (its 3 muscles), this contributes to big arms as much as your bis, like said above.

FYI: Workout your LEGS. Your legs have more muscle than any other part of your body. Your Quads are your biggest muscle. Exercising your muscles stimulates protein assimilation, increases the release of Gh, and helps nitrogen retention. With your legs being the biggest muscle group, you should take working your legs out seriously. With your Bis being so small ( in comparison ) they do little of the above.

philipusmcr said:
The bicep is a small muscle, I wouldnt go with more than 4 or 5 sets (heavy).

As far as I have seen it is usually only the experts who do curls safely, and efficiently. I believe its not an isolation exercise, so dont use a preacher bench

I'd say your arms are probably 15 inches at best... That may be your philosophy but I bet it doesn't work.

gjohnson5 said:
I'd say your arms are probably 15 inches at best... That may be your philosophy but I bet it doesn't work.

Actually its not my philosophy, its just one I agree with. Its the guys at AST, their biceps are around 22+ inches. You are right though, they are about 15.5. But hey, in comparison to most of you who are 6 feet or so, that isnt bad.

philipusmcr said:
Actually its not my philosophy, its just one I agree with. Its the guys at AST, their biceps are around 22+ inches. You are right though, they are about 15.5. But hey, in comparison to most of you who are 6 feet or so, that isnt bad.

I need a tape measure , but they were 18in 2 years ago, so mine aren't 22 prolly 20.75 to 21. BTW, I'm only 5'9

I bomb my biceps! 4 -5 sets. Laugh. I'll probably do 5 sets just on a bicep machine, and that would be part of a superset of standing barbell curls.

But anyway keep at it and keep making gains in the gym since it appears that your job is to whoop peoples asses.

Top Bottom