Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bet thing to recover electrolites

Burbanman

It is summertime now, and the weather is getting veryhot. Today I was sweating so much, that I stopped to think if thereis a supplement that will effectively help me recover my electrolitesand minerals after sweating like a pig. Are there any of suchsupplements, or water will do?

Water already has lots of different minerals, so there is no need to worry about electrolites unless you are an endurance athlete, and you do extremely long workouts.

Back in the days I would train for 6-7 hours a day, and I did get seriously dehydrated, so I would get in the pharmacy some powders meant for people with acute diarrhea, which were used to restore electrolite levels. Therefore, these powders might be a good option for you, but only if you really need them.

sports drinks are a scam. this whole electrolyte thing is so overblown to sell you these dumb sports drinks

this is what i do to re-hydrate: good quality filtered water with a little coconut water and a greens powders.. with a pinch of iodized salt. works like a charm

Check out power play sport. That's the electrolyte drink I use -> http://www.innotechnutrition.com/product/power-play-sport

However, unless you are sweating outside for long periods of time, an electrolyte drink isn't needed. You will be getting plenty of electrolytes from your regular diet. The only people who really need an electrolyte supplement are people like marathon runners, triathlon athletes etc.

The problem might be true if you run across a desert. Studies tend to be selectively quoted. So stating a loss of electrolytes means a loss of performance might be true but I'd want to read by how much and under what conditions.

Honestly all you need is water when you are sweating. Unless you are training/exercising hard for over an hour then you don't need anything besides water.

Top Bottom