Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best time to go to the gym?

DaCypher

Is there a better time of day to go to the gym or does it depend on individual's metabolism etc? Personally I like to go in the morning, but a friend of mine goes at like 11pm. Is time better than the other?

Doing cardio in the am on an empty stomach is best for burning fat. Other than that, doesn't make too much difference what time of day you lift.

AM cardio is also the best for burning muscle. But as a rule, it really doesn't matter when you work out. Sure, there are your body's natural rhythms to consider, but those are far too individual for anybody here to generalize on those.

afternoon

The study shows (according to the research done by american heart associate) that 4pm is the best time of the day for cardio/workout.

I personally workout around 8pm. Full time job at a software company. You know how that is... :(

I love that 4 PM number. It assumes everyone gets up at the same time, eats at the same time, has the same activity level, and goes to bed at the same time.

Personally, I work out at noon... Works best for me. Around 3:00 I usually get a bit lethargic; not the best time to think about getting ready for the gym....

I like going first thing in the morning. Makes me feel good all day. I actually have less energy on my rest days.

Used to be I'd go then because I'd have less of a chance to figure out an excuse - what else could on my calendar at 5 AM?

Now that I'm hooked and my workout is one of my favorite parts of the day, I'm GLAD there's little chance of anything getting in the way of it!

Go to the Gym when you have the free time and no interruptions.
For me that is EARLY, Early in the Morning before everyone else so I don't have any work, family, honey-do's distracting me.

cardio is always better in the morning,but would be hard for me to lift in the morning.you have to do what works for you and your schedule..........

Top Bottom