Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Protien Supplement

madhops22

I want to add a protien supp to my diet and was wondering which was the best. Should I take powder and add it to water (if so which powder is the best)...or pre-made shakes (if so which one do you recommend). I work 12 hours a day and would probably have to pre-make my protien shakes if I bought a bin of powder...would that be bad?

thanks in advance for any help,

Madhops

Protein/Meal Replacement Powders are a great convenience when eating several meals a day. Some of the pre-mades are OK but the price increase can be very large. I usually mix one at night and put it in the fridge to bring to work the next day. I also own a hand blender that I take along when I travel.

I used to use the MRPs, but switched to protein powder. This allows me to have a greater control over my macronutrient mix. I generally buy vanilla flavored powder and mix with things like fresh fruit, non-fat fruit flavored yogurt or instant coffe for flavor and/or carbs.

As far as which is best, you'll get as many answers as there are members here at EF. Your best bet is to try different brands and flavors to find what appeals to your taste buds, but stick to those you trust. There are a lot of cut-rate brands on the market and you generally get what you pay for. Pay attention to the labels because there is a wide disparity between the grams and types of protein per serving among the different brands as well as the amount and quality of carbs and fillers. Whey protein is considered the standard these days, but cassein and soy protein are also available and have there good points and dedicated users.

Muscle Media magazine put out a guide to liquid supplements recenlty called (I believe) "Hydrate". It is available on magazine racks and reviews everything from water to energy drinks to protein drinks and creatine. Although they tend to promote EAS products due to the close ties between the two organizations, it is a pretty good source of info.

Keep in mind that these drinks are just supplements. Whole food is the best way to go, but not always the most convenient.

B-Mac

Top Bottom