Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Best album ever?

perkele

New member
Platinum
allmusic.com gives 4½ stars to Shania Twain's "UP!" album. OK, the album had total 19 new songs. Has there ever been an album before that has as many songs and got 4½ stars? Seriously, unless it's a greatest hits album it can't have that many good songs, and I think it's a biggest joke ever to give that album such a good rating. If you've heard it, you know what I mean. Pro-tools masterpiece with 2 turds on top of the whole package.
 
i love country music...shania twain is awesome...she deserves all the great that has come out of her albums
 
musclemuscle said:
hard choice...there are so many good tunes out there :)


I'd go with....led zep in thru the out door......Radiohead OK computer.....Janes addiction.....Ritual.......no particular order..but they are my 3 favs
 
angel_girl said:
i love country music...shania twain is awesome...she deserves all the great that has come out of her albums

"The Woman In Me" was a perfect country/pop album but "UP!" sucked big time. "UP!" was a poor remake of "Come On Over".
 
perkele said:
allmusic.com gives 4½ stars to Shania Twain's "UP!" album. OK, the album had total 19 new songs. Has there ever been an album before that has as many songs and got 4½ stars? Seriously, unless it's a greatest hits album it can't have that many good songs, and I think it's a biggest joke ever to give that album such a good rating. If you've heard it, you know what I mean. Pro-tools masterpiece with 2 turds on top of the whole package.
Yeah, god forbid a reviewer actually has their own opinion about music. That can't be right.

I forgot that we're supposed to poll a million people before we write a review.
 
Best album ever=

The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited
The Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street
 
Flah said:
Yeah, god forbid a reviewer actually has their own opinion about music. That can't be right.

I forgot that we're supposed to poll a million people before we write a review.

I guess the reviewer didn't listen either UP! or her previous albums when writing a reviews of those albums. If he did then it's another proof that those guys don't know shit about music.
 
Anthrax said:
Best album ever=

The Beatles, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds
Bob Dylan, Highway 61 Revisited
The Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street

Steely Dan, AJA
 
perkele said:
I guess the reviewer didn't listen either UP! or her previous albums when writing a reviews of those albums. If he did then it's another proof that those guys don't know shit about music.
Hey, you can be wrong. It doesn't influence the rightness of Stephen Thomas Erlewine any.
 
It's really hard to say which album is the "best ever"...because while Dark Side of the Moon might be the best album in the eyes of a classic rock listener, it's not the best in the eyes of a rap listener.

Oh yeah, and best album, IMO, has to go to a legendary band. I'm talking Beatles, Stones, etc. I know Steely Dan and Deep Purple or whatever are great, but IMO they aren't deserving of "best album" because their albums pale in comparison with some of the great Stones, Beatles, etc. albums.

Classic Rock = Led Zeppelin IV
Pop = Michael Jackson Thriller
Hip Hop = Outkast ATLiens

are my picks
 
So many different types of music. A few would probably be.

Hendrix Are you Experienced
Zep 4 (although they have better albums)
Thriller by Michael Jackson
Nirvana Nevermind
Clash London Calling


I am sure their are others and depending what kind of music you listen to your going to have different opinions, Suffer by bad religion changed the face of punk in 1988. Great album also, but the best ever should probably also have big commercial success.
 
oasis, definately maybe/whats the story morning glory, tie between these

second coldplay x and y, unreal album, every song superb
 
Top Bottom