Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginner Looking for advice

Enrico

Hey I'm wondering what a good workout would be to gain muscle. I'm fairly thin right now like 6'0" and 145 lbs. Right now I have a really shitty physique! :bawling: I would like to build muscle in my abs especially...any advice? thanks.

You need to do your own research first. No one here will spoon feed you a workout. Check out the Journal board for different workout and use the Search function.

Hey brother...I used to be a 110 pounds at 5 ft 9.Now I am 160 pounds.Nothing great,but I have improved and I am growing fast( all natural and haven't doled out a single cent to Weider or Cell tech,not even creatine or protein powder).Dunno if I did it the 'right ' way but this is what I did:stick to power moves(squat,deadlifts and bench,dips,chin ups,rows,BNP's).Use the first one month to get the form right and then blast away with the heaviest weights u can handle to maximize ur beginners gains.NEVER workout more than 3 times a week.Eat like a pig and sleep like a tree.

I used the following split.
Mon:Back and bics
Tue:REST
Wed:Chest and tris
Thu:REST
Fri:Legs
Sat:REST
Sun:REST
Mon:Shoulders.
There are lotsa bros here who know their shit better than me.I have learnt a lot from em.So just browse through the posts and u'll get ur fundamentals in place.If u want ONLY abs,then I am not the right person,cus I NEVER work abs.Also having abs that show and developing abdominal muscles are 2 different things.U'r abs will NEVER show(even if u have trained em like hell) unless u cut up and loose fat.But do u want to cut up at 6 ft@150 just to show ur abs???. First get the larger muscles in place ,abs are secondary in my opinion, esp for pencilnecks like us.2 cents humble advice from a fellow pencil.

BB.....
I think you have a good recipe for growth there......the only thing I'm not sure about is training only 3 days a week. If you changed that to training heavy only when you have recovered (some people do light workouts to help recovery) then I would agree with everything you say.
Congratulations on the progress....keep it up.

brown_bomber said:
Hey brother...I used to be a 110 pounds at 5 ft 9.Now I am 160 pounds.Nothing great,but I have improved and I am growing fast( all natural and haven't doled out a single cent to Weider or Cell tech,not even creatine or protein powder).Dunno if I did it the 'right ' way but this is what I did:stick to power moves(squat,deadlifts and bench,dips,chin ups,rows,BNP's).Use the first one month to get the form right and then blast away with the heaviest weights u can handle to maximize ur beginners gains.NEVER workout more than 3 times a week.Eat like a pig and sleep like a tree.

I used the following split.
Mon:Back and bics
Tue:REST
Wed:Chest and tris
Thu:REST
Fri:Legs
Sat:REST
Sun:REST
Mon:Shoulders.
There are lotsa bros here who know their shit better than me.I have learnt a lot from em.So just browse through the posts and u'll get ur fundamentals in place.If u want ONLY abs,then I am not the right person,cus I NEVER work abs.Also having abs that show and developing abdominal muscles are 2 different things.U'r abs will NEVER show(even if u have trained em like hell) unless u cut up and loose fat.But do u want to cut up at 6 ft@150 just to show ur abs???. First get the larger muscles in place ,abs are secondary in my opinion, esp for pencilnecks like us.2 cents humble advice from a fellow pencil.

My week usually goes like this...

Sunday: Abs
Monday: Legs, abs, tanning
Tuesday: Back, abs
Wednesday: Bis, abs
Thursday: Tris/Chest/abs/calves/tanning
Friday: Shoulders/abs
Saturday: Abs

Cardio is thrown in on random days and I usually take a day off of abs here or there. I separate bis and back because I work both very viciously.

I eat 7-9 times a day and keep a straight diet, no shit goes into this body.

:kaioken:

I think you have to emphasize on diet as much as lifting. You need to bulk up so search on "bulking up" or on "bulk diet" under the given search engine. Then try and follow some of the diets given. On top of that, since you're a beginner, If you start training hard and consistent, your muscles will respond very greatly, and growth will come better since your muscles have not yet really been accustomed to the stress, and you will make significant gains. I'm a hardgainer too, and your diet is very important, as well as intensity during your workout.

Aight everybody thanx for the great advice!

Sorry for being a clueless :newbie:

Maybe I will check out some things on the diet board?

Top Bottom