Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beer vs. Hard Alcohol

miked8c

Is it healthier to drink hard alcohol rather than beer? You can get drunk of ten shots, roughly the same volume of liquid as a single beer. I don't know how many more calories are in beer than hard alcohol but I am assuming there are alot less calories in the hard stuff. Whereas with ten beers you can be drinking down 1000 calories of pure junk.

Health wise which is better?

Hard alcohol usually has less calories. Last time I checked it was 60 cals per shot for smirnoff vodka. So at 10 drinks w/ diet mixer or straight up, you're still at 600 cals. Better than 1000-1200 off heavy beer though.

Some of those super light beers have around 60ish calories. Taste like ass though.

If I have to get a drink or ten while on a diett I allways go with hard alcohol shots or with sugarfree tonic. The next day im tired,dehydrated and more ripped than the day before.. :)

I don't even waste time with beer - and it only takes me a couple of shots of Patron or Grey Goose to get my buzz on! I always go the fresh grapefruit juice route for a mixer, or just do a couple of shots straight up. That is, the rare occasion when I actually drink......the recovery sucks.

I'm s southern beer drinking girl so I go with the "diet" beers.

Miller 64 or Bud Select 55 or my standards. When I can afford to treat myself Beck's makes a 64 calorie light beer that is pretty good.

As for liqour, the clear liquors have the least calories. In Oxygen magazine tequila was listed around 50 calories, vodka around 55 and Jim Beam around 60. I don't drink liquor so this doesn't affect me.

Rebecca D

Top Bottom