Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bang this in your gym....

marshallmadman said:
This ain't no opinion. It's fact. Eazy E wrecks em all. End of story.

Alright, I'm just havin' a little fun.

:lmao:

Eazy-E died from Aids, bro.....

There's no bigger diss than that for a rapper.....

DIV

:chomp:

DIVISION said:
:lmao:

Eazy-E died from Aids, bro.....

There's no bigger diss than that for a rapper.....

DIV

That ain't cool to say bro. I don't care what anyone's sexual orientation is if I dig what they do. I really dug what Eazy did for quite a while. Whether or not he was a pole-smoker is up for debate. I highly doubt that he got the AIDS virus from homosexual activity. It was probably from being extremely promiscuous, and doing exactly the same shit you or I would do given the same set of circumstances.
I really meant to say that nobody can touch Mixalot.

man, some of u guys are stuck back in high school. lol.

if you're out of high school and you're still taking Rap music seriously, u've got big issues. I used to love rap music. had every single tupac, biggie, bone thugs, dmx cd. i was one of those kids that if a new hot rapper came out i had to get his shit.
but now, i don't care for the faces....the singers...the music...or what they even say. lol most of it is created for entertainment..like...so called "Reality tv" and movies..and WWE combined with some very good marketing.

DIV: Tupac's music was good man, he raised some serious issues, but he's no better than the average outlaw/punk who kills...and robs..and teaching lil kids to "slang drugs for a living." he raised serious issues....but what the hell did he do about them? he was a revolutaionary, in what sense? i have never heard of a tupac camp for kids...or building schools, liabraries, sports complexs, things for the people in the "GHETTO" that he so proudly represented. sure the gov't is corrupt and they won't do all that. but what stopped these "top of the world" rappers from starting anything? hell one school or one liabrary would've made a difference in someone's life.

yet they'd rather teach about...man i took a clip in my mouth..and look i can still rap. or listen to me i rap from the jail...that shit can only be sold to young kids with very little awareness of the real world.
I don't hate rap music. I hate everything it stands for. as for eminem...he's very good at what he does, he's making more money than most of us will ever see. at least not every single one of his raps is about killling people....he's so cocky that he tells kids not to listen to him...and don't do what he does and they still do. very smart man.

u might think i'm a hater or i hate rap music. i really don't. i listen to it in my car..in my gym...but for the beats....and for a emotional break....just like its meant to be. mtv does interviews and rappers say.."oh ya i sold crack" how the hell does that help people????? to that kind of shit i say fuck the rap world. the real 'hip-hop' doesn't get credit. its supposed to be thearpy...give people emotional relief...just like poets do.

call 'pac a legend? nah man, just a stupid kid with a big mouth who needed to pull his pants up!!!

marshallmadman said:
That ain't cool to say bro. I don't care what anyone's sexual orientation is if I dig what they do. I really dug what Eazy did for quite a while. Whether or not he was a pole-smoker is up for debate. I highly doubt that he got the AIDS virus from homosexual activity. It was probably from being extremely promiscuous, and doing exactly the same shit you or I would do given the same set of circumstances.
I really meant to say that nobody can touch Mixalot.

Eh, nugga......I never inferred that he was gay or anything of that sort so don't bring it here.

I'm just sayin' that people everyday kind of discount Eazy-E because of the way he died, the circumstances. Do I subscribe to that school of thought? No. But that's how most black people I talk to about it, view him.

It is what it is.......this is not a perfect world.

DIV

2Pac was the man imo and his 7 day theory cd is one of my all tiems favorites. Several songs of his are all times favs of mine.

But, I don't think he's the best rapper or even had the best beats. There's about 10 songs out of all his work that I just fuckin groove to in "a major way"(title of an E-40 album, heh) but, all the rest of his music could go in the trash as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, I'm like that with pretty much every rapper, musician or band.

I like Eminem. He doesn't have street cred and he doesn't fucking need to. He never has claimed to be hard or straight gangsta. In fact, this street cred you talk about for the most part is total BS. Most of these rappers claiming don't have anymore than I fuckin have. I've been shot at. I've beaten people down and robbed people. I've sold and bought drugs. I've lived in the worst neighborhoods in my city and taken some beatings. So by your thinking if I went out and became a rapper I would have street cred right? Or not, because I'm white?

As for underground rap. It is far and away heads above commercial rap.

There are alot of great underground MC's. If all you really know is commercial and have heard just a few underground mc's then you haven't heard nothing.

I can name 20 rappers or groups right off the top of my head that are better than any mainstream rapper or group doing their thing at this moment or any from the past.

Slug
Murs
Grouch
Eligh
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Binary Star
Eyedea
Hieroglyphics
Sage Francis
Eastern Conference All-stars
Mr. Lif
Sole
Dose One
Alias
Brother Ali
Cannibal Ox
Immortal Technique
J-live
Zion I

This is just a few of the best from the underground, but there are many other greats and honorable mentions.

Also, some of the sickest beats ever are from these guys. There are "WAAAAY" better beats from the underground and ALOT MORE of them than commercials got. At one point I had over 100 underground cd's and I had by far the best mix tapes around for lyrics or beats out of anyone I knew.

GhettoStudMuffin said:
2Pac was the man imo and his 7 day theory cd is one of my all tiems favorites. Several songs of his are all times favs of mine.

But, I don't think he's the best rapper or even had the best beats. There's about 10 songs out of all his work that I just fuckin groove to in "a major way"(title of an E-40 album, heh) but, all the rest of his music could go in the trash as far as I'm concerned.

I like Eminem. He doesn't have street cred and he doesn't fucking need to. He never has claimed to be hard or straight gangsta. In fact, this street cred you talk about for the most part is total BS. Most of these rappers claiming don't have anymore than I fuckin have. I've been shot at. I've beaten people down and robbed people. I've sold and bought drugs. I've lived in the worst neighborhoods in my city and taken some beatings. So by your thinking if I went out and became a rapper I would have street cred right? Or not, because I'm white?

There are alot of great underground MC's. If all you really know is commercial and have heard just a few underground mc's then you haven't heard nothing.

I can name 20 rappers or groups right off the top of my head that are better than any mainstream rapper or group doing their thing at this moment or any from the past.

Slug
Murs
Grouch
Eligh
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Binary Star
Eyedea
Hieroglyphics
Sage Francis
Mr. Lif
Sole
Dose One
Alias
Brother Ali
Cannibal Ox
Immortal Technique
J-live
Zion I

This is just a few of the best from the underground, but there are many other greats and honorable mentions.

Also, some of the sickest beats ever are from these guys. There are "WAAAAY" better beats from the underground and ALOT MORE of them than commercials got. At one point I had over 100 underground cd's and I had by far the best mix tapes around for lyrics or beats out of anyone I knew.

You have valid points and I agree that the underground is where it's at. I don't like mixtaps because the production is shitty and they cut off the music so it's a bad version. I'm a perfectionist in that sense, if I have the music, I want it in it's entirety......not what the DJ feels like releasing......esp those gay DJ tags that you find in all mixtapes. That's low quality.

Independent releases are where it's at......the westcoast has Daz Dillinger as the main guy who helps independent artists in the game.

Hieroglyphics are good, but I think MosDef and Talib Kweli are better.....

Dead Prez are "ok" as well.

DIV

I was refering to mix tapes I made from all my underground cd's. Just throwing together mix tapes with different themes like best beats, best lyrics, best songs, or best theme. Whatever. I don't add anything to them like DJ stuff or scratching.

In fact, I recently sold 90% of all my underground cd's because I bought a cd burner, but this is the fucked thing. I can't get the damn thing to work! LMFAO! I've got it plugged in and powered up so I'm guessing it should work. Maybe it does and the cd's I got don't accept mp3 recording. Fuck if I know. It's a good burner too. An Asus Quiettrack 52x32x52.

I have the software installed, and it seemed to work the last time I used it, but when I put it in my car's cd/mp3 it wouldn't play at all which is weird because buddies of mine mp3's play fine it it leading me to believe that either I never burned the music onto the cd in the first place or the cd wasn't the right kind? Anyone got any ideas?

GhettoStudMuffin said:

Slug
Murs
Grouch
Eligh
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Binary Star
Eyedea
Hieroglyphics
Sage Francis
Mr. Lif
Sole
Dose One
Alias
Brother Ali
Cannibal Ox
Immortal Technique
J-live
Zion I

I mean, alot of those guys are good. Alot of them are concious rappers as well, which I like. Lyrics, meaning, symbolism, metaphors...whatever, is all good, but they also have to have a good delivery. And while alot of those guys have a good flow, there voices leave more to be desired. And some would say, "well who cares, its just there voice, listen to what he has to say." No. As much as i want meaning, I also want something soothing on the ear...this is why i like eminem, i like his flow, his beats, more of his older messages, and just his entire delivery. He's not my fav, so thats not why im singling him out, im just saying because he's been brought up alot in this disscusion. My personal fav right now is Immortal Technique of all rappers, he is just so talented.

Top Bottom