Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Backpain from squatting

Roadblock

I recently started squatting and I´ve made good gains so far but as the weights increase so does the pain in my lower back. As I go from warmup sets and higher, my lower back tickles just where the butcrack begins and when I try squatting max for 6-8reps my lower back(spine) starts to hurt.

I don´t use a belt or blocks under my heels and I keep my back as straight as possible. Is it just something that will disapear as my back gets stronger or am I doing something wrong?

Careful...you're on the verge of injury. Form is of uttermost important here...remember look up to help keep the back straight...feet slight facing outward...decend on heels. If no progress then try lightening up the weight a bit and give your lower back time to catch up to the weight...I'd say 2-3 weeks then try the weight u are at again. Try strengthening your lower back with hyperextentions, deadlifts, and stiff leg deadlifts..good luck.

MuSuLPhReAk said:
Careful...you're on the verge of injury. Form is of uttermost important here...remember look up to help keep the back straight...feet slight facing outward...decend on heels. If no progress then try lightening up the weight a bit and give your lower back time to catch up to the weight...I'd say 2-3 weeks then try the weight u are at again. Try strengthening your lower back with hyperextentions, deadlifts, and stiff leg deadlifts..good luck.

Very good advice. Do not fuck with your back, especially doing squats.

just as said above be careful lookup and push through the heels
and if need be lighten the load and make sure form is good, also I was advised to not use pads on the bar, and my pain went away just practice and watch others form.

No offense man...but I am tired of this stuff about people saying that they are having back problems when or from doing squats.

SIMPLE SOLUTION: Strengthen your back!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

B True

You also probably need to strengthen your abs....those are the main stabalizer muscles of your body and they keep your back from tightening up to much. You definately need a belt when doing squats also....other than that....I'm with those guys.....just make sure you're using good form when doing those.

Mesofreaky said:
I altered my form and now my abs get torn apart when squatting I have ab soreness for 1 1/2 days after squat day.

you need to work your abs more.....they aren't in good enough shape for what you're putting them through.

Top Bottom