Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Avatar help, especially Mac users

Blu Steel

New member
I've been trying and trying to figure this out but can't seem to get it right. For example, I have a pic on a disk, which I know is way too big, so I'd like to shrink it and use it as my avatar but I can't do it, real frustrating! Any Mac users out there with some tips? Oh yea, i'm guessing this isn't the best place to ask about this topic, but anyway..

and thanks in advance..
 
I have iPhoto but never use it (I use photoshop on my PC mostly). You can resize in iphoto as well. For EF you need to shrink the image to 100x100 pixels and save as a gif. Then upload it to a remote site (www.photobucket.com) and link (in "edit avatar" section you insert the link into 'Enter Avatar URL') it to your avatar or just upload to ef. You can also just upload the photo directly in the "Edit Avatar" meny of your Profile section.

*note: this is definitely not in the right forum. A mod should move this.
 
deltreefitness said:
I have iPhoto but never use it (I use photoshop on my PC mostly). You can resize in iphoto as well. For EF you need to shrink the image to 100x100 pixels and save as a gif. Then upload it to a remote site (www.photobucket.com) and link (in "edit avatar" section you insert the link into 'Enter Avatar URL') it to your avatar or just upload to ef. You can also just upload the photo directly in the "Edit Avatar" meny of your Profile section.

*note: this is definitely not in the right forum. A mod should move this.

Hey Deltree, I can not open my elite hushmail account on my Mac any ideas on this....? It just won't open the aplet to get to the authentication stage..?
Couldn't find the right forum for this either>>>
Thanks
Ed
 
thanks Deltree, the problem i'm having is finding a program to use that i can shrink it and make it a jpeg or gif file. this seems to be roadblock number 1.
 
ed2005 said:
Hey Deltree, I can not open my elite hushmail account on my Mac any ideas on this....? It just won't open the aplet to get to the authentication stage..?
Couldn't find the right forum for this either>>>
Thanks
Ed


What broswer are you using? Safari?
 
Blu Steel said:
thanks Deltree, the problem i'm having is finding a program to use that i can shrink it and make it a jpeg or gif file. this seems to be roadblock number 1.

Are you using OS X or a Classic OS?
 
Blu Steel said:
thanks Deltree, the problem i'm having is finding a program to use that i can shrink it and make it a jpeg or gif file. this seems to be roadblock number 1.

iPhoto is free: Download

You can also try a smaller, easier app just for crop and resize called EasyCrop

Both are for OS X.
 
ed2005 said:
Sorry for my stupidity but what's a browser??? :rolleyes: I've only just learned what a keybord is...
Ed

Hehe. I guess I should have said Web Browser. What program do you surf the web with? Like Safari, Camino, Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc... Any of those sound familiar?
 
deltreefitness said:
Hehe. I guess I should have said Web Browser. What program do you surf the web with? Like Safari, Camino, Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc... Any of those sound familiar?

Oops....Internet Explorer... :)
 
ed2005 said:
Oops....Internet Explorer... :)

OK. Try downloading FireFox and use that to see if it solves the problem.

Do you know what operating system you're running? OS 8,9 or OS X? What does it say when you boot up? Is it a newer or older mac?
 
deltreefitness said:
OK. Try downloading FireFox and use that to see if it solves the problem.

Do you know what operating system you're running? OS 8,9 or OS X? What does it say when you boot up? Is it a newer or older mac?

It's OSX version 10.1.5
 
ed2005 said:
It's OSX version 10.1.5


I guess could have just said go to the apple and click "about this mac" lol. I'm not at my mac right now so I'm Windows land lol.

Anyways, if you click on the "FireFox" link and it will take you to the download page. Once you install it try it out and see if it solves your hushmail problem.

Something else you can try is going to your Applications folder and see if you have a program called "Safari" I'm not sure if that will do it or not but you may want to try that first.

I'm quite new to OS X myself and am using version 10.3 so I'm not sure of the broswers included in other versions. The application name may be Netscape or another. But if it is Netscape download FireFox because that's the new name for the latest version Netscape I believe.


FireFox
 
deltreefitness said:
I guess could have just said go to the apple and click "about this mac" lol. I'm not at my mac right now so I'm Windows land lol.

Anyways, if you click on the "FireFox" link and it will take you to the download page. Once you install it try it out and see if it solves your hushmail problem.

Something else you can try is going to your Applications folder and see if you have a program called "Safari" I'm not sure if that will do it or not but you may want to try that first.

I'm quite new to OS X myself and am using version 10.3 so I'm not sure of the broswers included in other versions. The application name may be Netscape or another. But if it is Netscape download FireFox because that's the new name for the latest version Netscape I believe.


FireFox
thanks deltree, I downloaded firefox but it doesn't work either..It came through as a BIN programme and then says 'can not find programme that created it'
not to worry dude, I'll just stick to my work comp...cheers bro and k for the help...
Ed
 
ed2005 said:
thanks deltree, I downloaded firefox but it doesn't work either..It came through as a BIN programme and then says 'can not find programme that created it'
not to worry dude, I'll just stick to my work comp...cheers bro and k for the help...
Ed

I see. Well opening the bin file is pretty easy though. You just need (yet) another program. Something like Stuffit (
Download Here ) That's the version for OS X 10.1. Once that is installed you can extract .bin files. Firefox should work then. Piece of cake. Good luck.
 
If you can't use hushmail, maybe you don't have a Java virtual machine installed?
 
Top Bottom