Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Attaching bands to bar

bigokie

For those of you who use the Westside training, how do you attach bands to the bar when benching? I'm putting one end on the bar, running it under a db and then running the other end up to the bar again. Is this how others do it? I've got the reactive video but it never shows a real good view of the setup. THanks

Yep...

That's how I do it Bigokie. I use 100-120 lb. dumbbells and anchor them on the floor with 45 lb. plates. I position the dumbbells on the floor so that the bands fall in line with my bench stroke. Works great!

- Screwball

Depends on how much stress I want on the bands. For board band press, I tried choking the green bands around a pair of 80's, going around both handles and back through the band. For less stress, I have run one band through the other, and loop them under the support bar under the bench,like Larry Miller suggests in PLUSA.

B

We drilled holes in the floor and put bolts with hooks into the holes (we call them Rawl Bolts here in SA). You then put spring clips like they use to change the grips on most gym machines onto the bands and then hook these to the floor hooks.

It takes mere seconds to set up for a workout and looks really neat and professional.

Arnie

Top Bottom