Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Artifical Sweetners from where i stand

RADAR

Million of Americans are overweight,the majority of those are also concerned about their health,however alot of them have no idea where to start,The goverment has advised us that Frucose is the main Culpirt,so what to do?
Millions of Americans are trying to cut back on sugar by using artificial sweeteners. Sales of these sugar substitutes are soaring, and yet, some people worry about using them.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about how the sweeteners aspartame and sucralose are really bad for you. Is this true?

No, it’s not true. Some people remain suspicious of all artificial sweeteners, even though extensive research has not found any significant health concerns.

Aspartame, sold under the brand names Equal and NutraSweet, is one of the most tested substances ever allowed in our food supply. It’s also approved for use in more than 100 other countries.

There’s no reason to believe any of the “warnings” flying around the Internet that claim aspartame causes Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis, brain damage, or any other serious disease. And the latest research shows there’s no need to be concerned about cancer.

Last April, the National Cancer Institute released the results of a huge federal study involving more than a half million adults 50 to 69 years old. Based on that research, the Institute concluded there is “no evidence” any artificial sweetener on the market in the U.S. today is “related to cancer risk in humans.”

OK, so you don’t trust the government. Then consider this: The Center for Science in the Public Interest, the consumer group that has questioned the safety of aspartame for almost 30 years, praised this study, saying it “significantly allays concerns” about cancer.

“The bottom line is that aspartame is probably safe,” theres even a website that says so.

Products containing aspartame can be harmful to people with phenylketonuria or PKU, a rare genetic disease, so products with aspartame carry a PKU warning.But! Not all products have this warning, its not on my jug of protein which has aspartame listed as it's prime sweetner ingredent but, For everyone else, there’s nothing to worry about.

Sucralose, sold under the brand name Splenda, is made from sugar that has been chemically engineered to pass through your body without being digested. That’s why it tastes like sugar but is calorie free.
Splenda is now the number one sugar substitute on the market, found in salad dressing, cereal and beverages, as well as those little yellow packets.

the American Diabetes Association says that artificial sweeteners such as Saccharin (Sweet ‘N Low, Sugar Twin), Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal), Acesulfame K (Sweet One, Sunett), and Sucralose (Splenda) are “free foods” because they do not have any calories and do not raise blood glucose levels. “They do not count as a carbohydrate, a fat, or any other exchange,” the ADA (American Diabetes Association) says, so they can be “added to your meal plan instead of substituted.”

Why don’t you see more xylitol used as a sugar substitute? After all Xylitol is a natural sweetener made from corn stalks in the U.S. and birch chips in Europe. Xylitol is used in sugarless gums, candies, ice cream, and many diabetic foods.

It’s low-calorie, not no-calorie. While sucralose is calorie-free, xylitol has about 2.4 calories per gram.

Here’s why you don’t find it in more foods. Eating too much xylitol in one day can cause intestinal problems, such as gas, bloating and diarrhea. Sucralose does not cause this GI distress.

You’re right; xylitol is good for your teeth. Studies have shown it can prevent new cavities and help slow or reverse the decay taking place in existing cavities. Probably why i still have all of my teeth at my age :)

I've always wondered how much less caffeine there is in decaffeinated coffee Since
An 8 ounce cup of brewed coffee has about 135 milligrams of caffeine. The same amount of brewed decaf has about 5 mg. There are ways to have real coffee and cut your caffeine intake. You’ll get about 95 mg of caffeine in 8 ounces of instant coffee. A 1 ounce shot of espresso only has 30 to 50 mg. So a single-shot latte has significantly less caffeine than a cup of regular drip coffee. For comparison, a 12 ounce Diet Coke has 47 mg of caffeine and is not harmful for most people. But more than 500 mg a day, In most cases say, “can cause irritability, nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, headaches and diarrhea.”
Ok ,I've gotten abit off track here ,lets take a look at the sweetners.
1-is it natural?
2-How sweet is it?
3-calories per gram
4-composition
5-How its used

(1) Sugar............Honey............HFCS.........Sacharrin
----Yes--------------Yes---------------Yes----------No

(2)-Table sugar (standard)-100% honey---92-100%-----300-500%

(3)-4-----------------4----------------4------------0---

(4) almost all is 48-50& fructose/glucose-------100% pure sacharrin

(5)all except sacharrin are used as a sweetner,peservative,flavor enhancer,provides texture,moisture retainer.

Sacharrin Provides Sweetner/calorie reducer

I hope this has provided some benefit for those dieting.

RADAR

Last edited:
I was finally able to cut them out of my consumption this past month.. thank goodness, i'm starting to think more clear and rest easier..

i did replace them with the one I make myself but at least the sugar is natural dextrose and not that poison..

Nice write-up, buddy. I remember learning about this in a nutrition course a few years ago, def good info to have.

When I was in high school til my freshman year of college I used a SHIT ton of Splenda, mainly in my oatmeal, but id pile on a mountain of it...started getting headaches from it bc it's so sweet. Nowadays I use Truvia...no headaches. I'm prone to headaches though, if something is too sweet or too salty (I can't stand salty shit) I get a mad headache.

In life everything comes down to moderation. I like to enjoy life too. So if I want to have a few beers I will. That usually happens once a month. If I want pizza I will have it too. Same with anything else. I just don't eat them every day.
I understand most people avoid things for health reasons. I am very health conscious but the fact is a little bit of junk food, sugar or artificial sweatener will not throw you off track bad.
One thing I noticed years ago was I could not get as lean. The only thing I did different was drink Crystal Light. I started using half the mix in water and I started getting more lean. I have been told that the artificial sweatener in it makes your body react the same way as sugar. I used to obsess about being shredded back then. Now I make an effort to enjoy life. I'm about to turn 40 and I have eight abs showing relaxed. Do I really need to sacrifice fun stuff once in a while to be more lean? Not for this regular guy.
Moderation is everything.

Don't think there is any health risk of artificial sweetners or they would not be cleared by the Food Standards Authority for adding to foods we eat every day. However, I personally get a lot of headaches on Aspartame.. really bad ones so I have stopped using anything that contains it. Acesulphame K does not have this effect on me. Generally I buy natural protein and add my own sweetness like honey etc.

Top Bottom