Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any exercises that freak you out?

tripleV

I had an injury to one of my shoulders a few years back that actually happened at the gym (believe it or not a rare occasion) while doing incline dumbell press.

I grabbed the 40's (i'm so sad that i'm only at 30-35's now!) and I was all by myself. I lost concentration for something and my left arm fell backwards and I didn't let go of the weight so my arm went too far back with the weight and my shoulder went pop!

This hurt like a sone of a bitch and it still hurts today. I don't have the range of motion with my left shoulder at all. I can't even do pec deck properly, I have to sort of hug (wrap my arms around) the 2 bars instead. And even holding the bar for squats sucks.

So I am still fearful of incline or flat dumbell press for chest and sooooo scared of overhead dumbell press for shoulders. I rarely go over 15 alone, 20 with my hubbie.

ANyone else have these fears and what do you do to overcome them?

Military press -- about 8 years ago I had hit a plateau on cable curls and was getting sloppy w/ my form and thus set myself up for some tendonitis problems in my elbows. While doing a military press, my elbow just sort of blew out. Luckily the bar didnt' just drop, but that was the end of military presses for me and the beginning of a very lucrative relationship for my physical therapist.

First time I tried squats.I was afraid and freaked out by even the thought of them!

I load the bar up. Get into my stance. Lift the bitchin bar off the rack. Hey, feeling pretty good and proud of myself at this point. Down I go.Hey, this is working out great. I can do this shit again. Down I go, up I push. Shit, I can use some more weight on this bitchin bar. Hmmm, why did I allow myself to be so darned afraid of this? Lift that bitchin bar off the rack, proper stance, head up, feeling strong! Down I go alright...RIGHT ON MY ASS- CRASH GOES THAT BITCHIN BAR ON THE RACK....ALL EYES ON ME FROM THE DAMN NOISE I BE MAKIN IN THE CORNER. Red faced, ego bruised!I un-load that bitchin bar and chalk it all up to lesson learned!

I have to say- Everytime I do those damn things I still hear that crashin sound in my head.....

I read Vixen's and TV's, and it made me cringe. Scary for darn sure. I can relate to Sassys...I have the "fag splints", I think is the horrible thing they call those :) From doing straightbar curls....after working out my bi's, I am usually in tears that night. Those things will just throb off and on......I wear the wrist wraps and avoid the straight bar now. Those are definetly nights I have to usually take a pain reliever :bawling:

I haven't had a bad experience but squats freak me out before hand and I love them after. I get nervous before I do them. :p :p

starfish

Top Bottom