Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone take generic paxil or any other SSRI?

gogetta

OK, so I've been prescribed paxil and I went to fill my prescription and I had the option of getting serotax (brand name) and paroxetine hcl (generic).

I was wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with generic anti depressants in particular SSRI's? I ened up getting the brand name just because I wasn;t for sure but I haven't actually taken it yet. The generic is so much cheaper and I would rather go that route, I can always get another prescription and go get the generic so its no biggie.

I didn't want to start taking the brand name if once I started taking the brand name I couldn't switch to generic without any other side effects. I know the general concenus is that the generic is identical to the brand name but I have heard different stories about people switching to generic and not having success with the generics.

So my question is if I started on a generic would I see the same results or would you rather stick with the brand name and spend the extra money?

This question is a loaded question in the fact that YES generic meds are EQUIVALENT to name brands, BUT that does't mean they are the exact same. For instance, Depakote is a drug that the name brand med qualifies as depakote because of the way a certain chemical is converted in the body. There are several versions of the name brand and they are different because there are three seperate chemicals that convert to the active chemical in the brain, and some of which are different in the generic brands. So in the end, the drug you take is different but it converts to the same drug in the body. NOW, that means some people WILL notice different results and side effects because their body may convert the two drugs in a different way. The FDA classifies all three drugs that convert to the main ingredient in the body as Depakote or equivalent, therefore they sound like they are the same, but in reality they are not. It is hard sometimes to find out if your generic drug differs from the name brand but by doing some online research you should be able to find the answer. So it DOES make a difference, but everyone is not the same so it is not always the case.

Drugs, especially brand-name prescription medications, can be very expensive and may strain your budget, especially if you have a chronic illness. Whether or not you have health insurance with drug coverage, there are many ways to save money on your medications.
When compared with the brand name drug, generic drugs can save you up to 80% on the cost of a prescription.
By the way, generic drugs are readily available to treat many common health conditions. Known fact: About 50% of all prescriptions in the world are filled with generic drugs.

By the way, you can buy generic paroxetine hcl in this online pharmacy.

Generic means using a different name for the same ingredients and same quality. The contents of the drugs are absolutely the same in our generic version and the branded analogue. Many commonly used brand name medications have readily available generic versions.

Anyway.......as I said, some are fairly equal(minus the fillers and coatings, but then again some can be significantly different. You'll just have to do the research on it. Bye the way, my advice comes for free without an advertisement.

Top Bottom