Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Anyone have an ultrabook? What do you think?

EnderJE

New member
EF VIP
Although I can understand how OSX can do well with a small HD, I'm not clear how Windows will face. Do you find the HD too small?
 
Although I can understand how OSX can do well with a small HD, I'm not clear how Windows will face. Do you find the HD too small?

We've started getting them at work due to demand for Macbook Airs. However, Macbook Airs with the latest OS is not compatible with Symantec Endpoint Protection, so we needed a viable alternative because it would be sometime before we upgrade the Enterprise wide version of SEP. Space for work isn't an issue because everything is saved to a network drive, so I'm not much help there, but our frequent travelers love them for their size and weight.
 
I would think having an OS that is incompatible with Symantec would be a positive boon. Unless you like having your whole system slowed down by intrusive bloatware.
 
I would think having an OS that is incompatible with Symantec would be a positive boon. Unless you like having your whole system slowed down by intrusive bloatware.

Enterprise SEP isn't that bloated, we've got some good endpoint monitoring software that let's us know what's going on with each machine (around 5000 desktops/laptops) and SEP is low on everything.

Ender, what is it your looking to get out of the Ultrabook that makes you hesitant? If it's space for music, movies, pics etc., just put everything on an external firewire or eSata drive and just use the solid state onboard for apps/installs.
 
Enterprise SEP isn't that bloated, we've got some good endpoint monitoring software that let's us know what's going on with each machine (around 5000 desktops/laptops) and SEP is low on everything.

Ender, what is it your looking to get out of the Ultrabook that makes you hesitant? If it's space for music, movies, pics etc., just put everything on an external firewire or eSata drive and just use the solid state onboard for apps/installs.
I've been a big fan of the Timeline series when they were newly annouced all those years ago with the killer 8 hr battery life. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the switch. I'm not a big fan on an external HD. :D
 
Top Bottom