Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody ever tried a menstrual cup?

Jennafox

Doesn't seem to be a lot of women that know about this option. Thought I'd see if anybody here is aware of them. I have used one for almost 10 years (and have saved over $2000 since I don't have to buy tampons or pads every month). I'll never go back to anything else, they work great & are comfortable. Anyway, I was just curious. I found that within 2 cycles of switching to the cup I experienced less cramping & a lighter period. Happy that my 13 yr old just switched too - she hated pads & loves her cup.

Sounds weird at first, but definitely worth the research for the health & $$ benefits. Good for the earth too, if that interests anyone - selfishly that was not my main concern.

I've looked into them but haven't used them. They seem to be a great alternative for those looking for a more affordable and planet-friendly option. There's a stigma in our society about anything new and different though, but menstrual cups are definitely growing in popularity.

Yeah, I also really like the fact that I can't feel it at all when it's in, & I never run out of anything & have to make a last minute run to the store. :) Even my husband can't tell when it's that time of the month because there's never any gross trash to tip him off. He finds out when he tries to put the moves on me & I tell him I'll take a raincheck. LOL

I've looked into it but I'm just not attracted to the idea, I know it's just blood and I know it's MY blood, but I still rather not touch it ;)

^^^ I use it regularly ...the disposable instead cup

theres a trick to it ...removing it without making a mess but you can have sex while its in
it leaves normal lubrication alone...can be used for 12 hrs (their recommendation) or a little longer
only thing I've noticed with it is it can kind of irritate the bladder if left in too long. I think it puts a little pressure on the urethra

you can totally have sex with it in...fits like a diaphragm basically

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv HAH NOT THE LAST PERSON IN THIS THREAD!!!! WINNING!!!! vvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited:
I can't stand puting things in there (in a non sexual way ;)), I rarely use tampons for the same reason

Sent from my HTC One V using EliteFitness

^^^ I use it regularly ...the disposable instead cup

theres a trick to it ...removing it without making a mess but you can have sex while its in
it leaves normal lubrication alone...can be used for 12 hrs (their recommendation) or a little longer
only thing I've noticed with it is it can kind of irritate the bladder if left in too long. I think it puts a little pressure on the urethra

you can totally have sex with it in...fits like a diaphragm basically

You do? I bought some but haven't tried them yet.

Top Bottom