Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ALA with postworkout shake/meal?

ZKaudio

Plat Hero
Platinum
Is it beneficial to take ala with my postworkout shake? I'm confused as to whether it is good because it will shuttle more of the carbs into my muscles or whether it would be bad because it could decrease insulin output...? I'm taking it with all my other meals but was just curious if it was good or bad to take with my postworkout shake... any help appreciated.

I was always of the impression that this is only time during the day you let the insulin do the shuttling since its simple to do by taking in about 75-100mg dextrose/malto post workout. I use ALA to avoid insulin spikes while eating carbs during the rest of the day.

ZKaudio said:
o yah... just curious because i thought post workout spikes were a good thing... and i hear that ala can decrease insulin release...

It doesn't decrease it. What it does is it makes your body more sensitive to it. Increases insulin sensitivity. That way you need less insulin to do it's job bodybuilding wise as elapid said, to shuttle the nutrients. Another good time to Elapid is first thing in the morning.

Top Bottom