Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ALA question

madhops22

What's up everyone!
I just bought some ALA 3 days ago and have been taking 4 250mg pills a day (1000mg total). I am wondering if the pills need to be taken with meals? If I space out the doses 4 times a day with-or-without meals, would it matter? Or will I be better off taking it with each meal?
Also, am I taking enough of this stuff?

thanks in advance!

Madhops.

Well, this isn't an answer to the question, just another question about ALA. What about taking ALA on a very low carb diet, do you take even on the low carb days or just when carb-loading? By very low carbs I mean 50g/day. Anyone have any ideas?

ALA half life is 30 minutes - so it would be wise to take it just prior to carbohydrate consumption to enjoy the nutrient partitioning effects.

for low carbing - try ala to see how it effects your ketogenic state - maybe you could effectively up your carbs in increments and relay results of when you drop in and out of ketosis.

Sir,
Ketosis? Last year was the first time I've dieted at all. I did my first contest last summer, and while I was dieting I had days where I felt light-headed and sluggish. When telling a trainer about this, he mentioned ketosis. But to be honest, I don't really know much about it. Is it necessary to test urine or is there some other means of knowing?
I just bought some stuff called Control. It contains 800mg ALA, also 50 mg vanadyl sulfate, 9 mg biotin, and 100mcg chromium picolinate per 2 caps.

LSUMuscle said:
Sir,
Ketosis? Last year was the first time I've dieted at all. I did my first contest last summer, and while I was dieting I had days where I felt light-headed and sluggish. When telling a trainer about this, he mentioned ketosis. But to be honest, I don't really know much about it.

sounds like low blood sugar to me - check this thread out - rangerx83 experienced the same light headiness as a result of mega ala dosage. I think this is how he stumbled onto ALA's help with dieting.
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=119717

Last edited:
Top Bottom