Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ALA and strong urine odor

frankenfurter

Sounds kind of gross, but I noticed a strong odor to my urine that coincided with my starting ALA supplimentation. Anyone have a similar experience? There is no color change, or reduced/increased output, just a damn stanky odor.

:confused:

frankenfurter said:
Sounds kind of gross, but I noticed a strong odor to my urine that coincided with my starting ALA supplimentation. Anyone have a similar experience? There is no color change, or reduced/increased output, just a damn stanky odor.

:confused:

Your fine! This is normal with racemic ALA. Now, if you switch to R-ALA, you won't have the stench! Enjoy!

Re: Re: ALA and strong urine odor

cbs said:

Your fine! This is normal with racemic ALA. Now, if you switch to R-ALA, you won't have the stench! Enjoy!

R-ALA still makes your urine smelly if you take enough of it. But chances are if you're doing that, you're taking more than an effective dose, and literally flushing your money down the toilet.

When I take ALA or r-ALA, my piss usually smells bad -- though not as bad with r-ALA.

Another good thing is that there is almost no heartburn with r-ALA (I always seem to get heartburn with ALA).

If your piss stinks then you know that the ALA is running through you. Remember it is sulphur based.....stinky stuff. On a hot day i bet my piss copuld peel off the wallpaper ..ha ha. I like the Jarrow time release 300mg tablets.....very good , no heartburn issues here, and the smell isn't too bad!

Any suggestions for increased absorption? I take 300 ALA in the AM with a shake that includes flax oil, then I take 300 at dinner that has some olive oil based dressing with my salad. I know that fat aids in absorption of vitamins.

Also, where do I get this R-ALA? I did a quick net search and didn't come up with anything much.

I suppose then, that the best way to optimise your r-ala dosage per meal is to make a mental note of when your urine starts smelling. I've been using 300-400mg per meal and my urine is the same. I'll up it from now on.

Top Bottom