Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs Question

For lower abs, I like either hanging my legs off the bed and doing leg raises or I lie on the floor, arms either along my sides, under my butt, or above my head and do leg raises keeping my legs about 4-6 inches off the floor and only raising them to just below parallel, the idea being to keep them tense the whole time.

I also have an ab wheel I use. Or I'll do the traditional ab crunches with several variations, knees bent, feet on the floor, legs up over a piece of furniture, legs crossed, etc. Basically I focus on keeping my abs tense thru the whole set and I usually will do 3-4 sets of 50 reps when I'm at home. There's so much you can do! Hope this give you some ideas. :)

Oh yeah, a stability ball will do you wonders...and they aren't that expensive. I do a ton of different ab exercises...the key is to work as many different groups as possible. Do vacuums which strengthens an often overlooked muscle and it will help to define the abs...vacuums were described in another thread on here recently....i'll try to find it and post it here. Also do bicycle crunches which really works your abs over all. And make sure to keep your navel sucked in towards your spine throughout all your ab work to really target the muscles. I work my abs 2-3 times a week, giving the muscles a rest period of a 2 days or so.

I do all the various crunches at home. I also have an ab wheel. Lately I've started working on "stomach vacuums" and have really noticed a difference. My abs were starting to get bulgy from weighted ab work in the gym. I've been doing these vacuums about 2 weeks and my waist is smaller already!

To do stomach vacuums, expel all your air and pull your abs in like you're trying to touch your spine with them. Really squeeze the ab muscles. Hold for several seconds and repeat. They're a lot harder than they sound, but they work, and you can do them just about anywhere.

Spatts....what is a jump stretch band, is it the same as an Xertube or something like that (please excuse my lack of knowledge :confused: ) If so, what can be done with that for abs? Just trying to find new things to do, although i have a million exercises already

I got a jump stretch band... somewhere :)
Hmm, what kind of exercises I can do with that?
(It´s 11.20 pm here, long day at work and my brains don´t work very well at the moment, LOL)

FitFossil said:
...Lately I've started working on "stomach vacuums" and have really noticed a difference. My abs were starting to get bulgy from weighted ab work in the gym. I've been doing these vacuums about 2 weeks and my waist is smaller already!

To do stomach vacuums, expel all your air and pull your abs in like you're trying to touch your spine with them. Really squeeze the ab muscles. Hold for several seconds and repeat. They're a lot harder than they sound, but they work, and you can do them just about anywhere.

Wow, that's interesting. I may have to try that, thanks! I'm always looking for new ways to tear up my abs and my top two abs are starting to stick out almost too much. Kewl... :)

WTF??!

Looking for some ab work...this will hit you where you live. Only one question...what the hell is she doing??? *I know I know*

StandingAbs_0001.jpg

spatterson said:
I CAN'T believe you posted that...VDL is gonna have LOTS to say about THIS hair-do! :lmao:

She's tied to the power rack leaning back against a belt, holding on to straps bhind her...77 pounds Hannibal?...and CRUNCH!!!

I'll take it down if you want. And yes it was 77 pounds for 15 reps. Next time we are going to raise the weight and lower the reps to between 5-7. Works much better at heavier weights...but I had to teach the movement first.

Top Bottom