Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A very interesting article on Sugar Addiction- Good read.

BTW, I get a high like feeling when I eat like this....my whole body feels so good while I'm eating, like every bite of food sparks the pleasure centers in my brain. However, every high has it's crash, and the crash the next day after binging is terrible, I feel like an absolute failure.

JG1, you could be my twin-brother.... what you described is exactly what happens with me.

Except my "high" only lasts a few minutes, and wears off soon after the first few mouthfuls of whatever I'm binging on.... that's when I start to feel guilty and depressed, but I can't stop myself.

At the place where I work, there's boxes of cookies and cakes which for some reason, are a deleted line (ie. we don't sell them anymore so they're free to whoever wants them) and there's some stuff in there that I absolutely LOVE!! They're kinda like bars, made with oatmeal, rice bubbles (or rice crispies as they're known in North America), corn flakes, dessicated coconut, dried fruit and honey.... damn, they're good. I usually open the box and just look.... then I start thinking and getting tempted, and eventually I talk myself into it. But I don't stop at those.... I then eat the other things in the box, things which are higher in sugar and fat. Then I make my way to the ice-cream.... ah, it's a disaster!!

It's like a recovering smack addict working in an underground drug lab.... all this stuff is there for the taking, and I'm encouraged by my collegues and boss to eat it!! It's torture.

Anyway.... on the positive side, I think I've already eaten all of those oat/cereal/honey bars.... and I don't think the other stuff will tempt me quite the same. I certainly hope not anyway.... starting tomorrow I want to do a COMPLETELY strict CKD week, including cardio.

But just like you, JG1.... I've said that before.

well, glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem. It most likely is tied in with lowered leptin levels. Basically the body senses starvation and adjusts to push your body to eat in order to put some fat on. Search the web for info on "leptin" and "lyle mcdonald".

!

hey, here is a trick that has worked for me, maybe it can work for you..

personally I believe you can gain absolute control, through examining past experiences, what makes you do certain things?
try to find a logical way to make yourself not binge, for me with unhealthy foods, I just tell myself that I find them absolutely disgusting, repulsive, and then as time goes on, I begin to hate them and it becomes a reality.. maybe you could also post pics of someone with the body you want around yer place, then when you see them, you will realize you want to attain that, therefore binging will not be such a great idea :) .. Just thought some if these ideas may help.. I hope they do !

hehe, exactly, Variation. That's how I initially got myself to not cheat in the 6 months I was trying to lose weight. I had myself convinced that I would balloon in weight if I had something that I didnt have pre-planned in my diet. Needless to say, I stayed on it, and was sucessful.

Those are good suggestions, variation....

.... my problem is that I'm kinda hovering between my cutting phase and mu bulking phase. It's just a matter of waiting for my supplements to arrive before I begin bulking, and in the meantime my only real objective is to not gain back TOO much fat.

Except I know that I'll be bulking again soon and won't be lean and defined.... so when I'm craving, my brain says "Ah, what does it matter? You'll be bulking soon anyway."

For me, I don't usually eat REALLY bad stuff when I binge. It's generally just high-carb stuff like cereal, bread etc.... sometimes when I'm at work I'll eat ice-cream, but not too often. So I don't think it's a good idea for me to learn to hate carbs, since I'll be bulking soon.

I just have to sit it out until it's time to bulk.... nothing else I can do.

Top Bottom