Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5X5 question

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
The first ( or first 2) weeks you're lifting less than you can

Less weight and/or less volume

So it's kind of deconditioning WO ?

i just started my 5x5 and feel the same way. i go VERY slow and i dont even get a pump. i make sure to get a good pump on my other exercises. oh well we'll see how it goes next week. its always good to go light once in a while.

eat big

its not a race to get to your max weights otherwise your doing 3's instead of 5's..i guess you could call it a deconditioning..doesn't matter to me.. ;) rember too this is not a quick 4 week routine although you could certainly do that...if you started around 70% of your 1 rm give this 6 weeks then decide if its too easy!!

What does your routine look like??
also your personal body stats (weight, lifts and such)

I've a few weeks into my 5x5 prog. and it's going so far so good.
Some muscle groups have a few weeks to go before they get to super hard pushes, but it's starting.

Seeing as i haven't hit it yet, i'm curious on what happens when I try for 5x5, but on my last 2 sets i end up falling off and it's more like 4 or 3 reps?
Do you try it again next week at 5x5?
and if still falling off do you do 5sets of three reps for a few weeks or just one week then try the 5x5 again?

Ryan

It's not a deconditioning or deloading workout, because it's at the beginning, not some bridge in the middle. It's meant to give you a type of running start, as you ramp up the weights every week until you start hitting heavier weights. Building a type of foundation, I guess.

I've heard from Needsize to start a month behind. So, 20 lbs. under a weight you can still do, but struggle a bit with, for 5x5. Something like that.

In the end, just make sure your first 2-4 workouts are more are less easy and let the weight go up slowly.

If I were going for strength though, I'd choose something like Westside over 5x5. The routine works, but I don't think it's the best way to go about it.

And then size has its own ideal little quest.

Top Bottom