Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

50/20/30 vs. 50/30/20

EMan_Z

What would you all recommend for a good cutting diet (along with weights and cardio of course) as far as the intake % go?

I'm trying to decide between
Protein: 50%
Carbs: 20%
Fat: 30%

or

Protein: 50%
Carbs: 30%
Fat: 20%

Let me know please (i'm trying to lose 2lbs/week of fat) .

Thanks

I'd go 50/30/20. Rather have the Carbs for Energy than the Fat. Not much of a point to a higher fat intake unless you're on a Ketosis diet IMO. If you want 2 pounds of fat gone you'll need about 1000 cals under your burn rate a day.

yeah i would go with 50/30/20 over the 50/20/30 easily, i dont like to lower my carb intakes too low and 20 percent fat is definitely enough already i think.

A calorie is a calorie is a calorie A calorie is a calorie is a calorie.......PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT! UNLESS YOU ARE IN KETOSIS!!! Since you are not, in order to lose 2lbs/wk, you must have a caloric intake deficit of 7,000 calories per week.....from your maintenance calories......IMO...2lbs/wk is way to much 1/lib is much better to try and lose....that is only a 500 calorie deficit per day....

NJstacked said:
A calorie is a calorie is a calorie A calorie is a calorie is a calorie.......

Very true Nj stacked, I give you much credit, for understanding a very simple yet very often overlooked fact. Although what you are saying is true, there is one area we are not addressing. All calories we take in cause a hormonal response in our bodies.

Now, If Eman can go with either diet cause both will yield good results if he adheres to them. However, we do not know if he suffers from any types of food allergies or has any particular issues with insulin.

Personally, I would opt for the 20% carbihydrate plan. Mainly because, I have a very poor carbohydrate tolerance. Basically, Eman chose either plan, for the most part, a 10% nutrient deviation will not make a large difference in the end result.

thanks guys... no allergines.. no insulin problem =)

I think i'm going to go with 30% carbs. Thanks for the advice

Top Bottom