Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

5-HTP and anti-depressants

Pject

I am currently taking Celexa (anti-d). I take 40 mg a day. I have trouble sleeping and have read little about 5-HTP. The label says to not take it with anti-d.

Does anyone know how dangerous this combo would be?

I am not sure exactly how Celexa works. I believe it blocks seratonin reuptake (might be wrong). Would not taking 5-HTP, a precursor to Seratonin, be doing exactly what the Celexa is trying to prevent.

Any feedback APPRECIATED !!

- Pject

Probably best not to mix them -- but might be good to keep in mind for when you want to come off the celexa.

I haven't tried 5-HTP, but when I came off effexor, I used about 6 grams a day of inositol over 3 dosages w/ grapefruit juice and it worked wonders. Better than the effexor and the prozac I had tried before that!

If I had it to do again I, firstly wouldn't have gone on the drugs and gone straight to inositol/5htp, secondly would have used about 6 grams a day of inositol w/ 50-100 mgs/day of 5htp.

If you're not sure, talk to your doctor. GaryWary also knows his shit on these types of supps. Try searching some of his old posts.

I know nothing about the combination effects. However, 5-htp is inferior to L-tryptophan bro. Its more expensive, but worth the difference.

Top Bottom