Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4oz of meat = 36gr protein...after or before you cook it?

Shinobi

I read on a site a chart with all types of meats and it say

Type Quantity Protein (g.) Fat (g.)

Turkey Breast 4 Oz. 33.9 g. 3.7 g.
Chicken breast 4 Oz 35.1 g 5.1 g.
Beef, eye of round 4 Oz 33.1 g. 6.5 g.
Beef, top round 4 Oz 36.1 g. 6.7 g.
Beef, round, full cut 4 Oz 33.1 g. 8.3 g.
Beef, top sirloin 4 Oz 34.4 g. 9.1 g.

That means after or before you cook it? When u drain the fat from the beef or ground beef how many gr of fat do u subtract?

well the protein doesn't go anywhere or get changed by the heat so the protein figures are the same. probably same goes for fat but some might drip off. Carving the fat off helps reduce fat but no one can say for sure how much you are carving off--use your judgement.

JC

It probably mean before but I would think that the only thing that would significantly change after cooking is the fat and water content... i.e. IMO the protein content would stay pretty much the same.

I didn't realize that 4oz. of meat had that much... I always thought it only had like 25g or so. Thanks for the info. Karma for you...

PEOPLE: Im asking about the meat weight not if its gonna lose the protein or fat after cooked! HELLO!!!

LOL oh shit NOOOWWWW I get it lol

Sorry, brain fart. I'm pretty sure they refer to the uncooked weights whenever they quote the nutrients/oz.

i think this info is wrong! on the back of my bonless skinless chicken strips its says every 4 oz is 20 grams of protien!!!

Top Bottom