Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1-Test - Anabolic/Androgenic?

3000GT

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on the androgenic activity of 1-test. There's been a lot of posts saying that it is very androgenic (more than test), but then why the decreased sex drive that users report? Is this because it's a DHT derivative, and there isn't actually any DHT, once your own test is suppressed? Typically people complain about a loss of sex drive, when a cycle doesn't have enough androgens (i.e. deca dick). I know people complain about hair loss, but winny and primo have very low androgenic activity and can still cause hair loss. Also, it sounded like Bill thought that 1-test may not be a very strong androgen (at least not compared to test). Has anyone noticed strong androgenic side effects (acne, hair growth) when using 1-AD, 1-test products? It just seems like all of the signs point to 1-test being a strong anabolic, weak androgen. :confused:

According to the assays, 1-Test is both more androgenic and anabolic than testosterone mg for mg. It is overall more anabolic than androgenic in nature though (it has a favorable ratio), which means that for a given level of activity in the muscle tissue you have comparably less activity in androgenic target tissues. The reverse is true with testosterone.

In my experience, even at 400mg daily (Ethergels), 1-test could not replace the full androgenic action of testosterone in regards to libido.

doffmaster said:
Since 1-Test is supposedly so potent, should regular post-cycle precautions be followed (i.e. clomid, nolvadex)?

:confused:

The standard precaution of using an anti-estrogen only works with Gyno. It doesn't effect testosterone levels really, as estrogen levels are actually lower post-cycle, not higher.

If you are not using HCG there is probably not much need for the AE alone, unless of course you are sensitive to gyno (estrogen isn't high post cycle, but is at a greater imbalance than normal with androgens, which can cause gyno).

Look for my article on this in the next Mind And Muscle (Formerly BMFR). www.avantlabs.com

w_llewellyn said:

The standard precaution of using an anti-estrogen only works with Gyno. It doesn't effect testosterone levels really, as estrogen levels are actually lower post-cycle, not higher.

If you are not using HCG there is probably not much need for the AE alone, unless of course you are sensitive to gyno (estrogen isn't high post cycle, but is at a greater imbalance than normal with androgens, which can cause gyno).

Look for my article on this in the next Mind And Muscle (Formerly BMFR). www.avantlabs.com

YOu do not need high estrogen levels to experience an increase in gonadotropins from an anti-estrogen. Also, as Bill said, you may experience an androgen / estrogen imbalance post-cycle. Therefore, it is my opinion that it is prudent decision to take an anti-estrogen post cycle

3000GT said:
I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on the androgenic activity of 1-test. There's been a lot of posts saying that it is very androgenic (more than test), but then why the decreased sex drive that users report? Is this because it's a DHT derivative, and there isn't actually any DHT, once your own test is suppressed? Typically people complain about a loss of sex drive, when a cycle doesn't have enough androgens (i.e. deca dick). I know people complain about hair loss, but winny and primo have very low androgenic activity and can still cause hair loss. Also, it sounded like Bill thought that 1-test may not be a very strong androgen (at least not compared to test). Has anyone noticed strong androgenic side effects (acne, hair growth) when using 1-AD, 1-test products? It just seems like all of the signs point to 1-test being a strong anabolic, weak androgen. :confused:

The piece of the puzzle you are missing is the fact that estrogen is necessary for the libido sustaining effects of androgens. That is probably why strong androgens that do not aromatize sometimes lower libido. Case in point: trenbolone acetate

Top Bottom