Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I want to compete very soon...

Jack steel

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
Is it a good Idea for someone my size to try physique first as training wheels? I'm 28yo, 6 ft 178, w/ about 7-8% bf. I aim to put on at least 12-20 lbs in the next 5 months or so if I can eat enough. Thanks in advance for all replies.

P.S. my legs are decent and proportional so I've been told but I'm not afraid to have them judged. I slacked on legs for a long time so I have some meat to put on. I'll try to post pics soon but I'm on phone while laptop is broken.

It's not just about size as it is conditioning. Having said that, Canada is a bit behind in bringing in the physique category so what I would do is see if you can find some pictures of the top placings at whatever show you are thinking of competing in to get a sense of who is in what category...if that makes sense? You could talk to obsessedwithliftin too....he was making that decision of physique vs bodybuilding and might have some other ideas for you too.

It's not just about size as it is conditioning. Having said that, Canada is a bit behind in bringing in the physique category so what I would do is see if you can find some pictures of the top placings at whatever show you are thinking of competing in to get a sense of who is in what category...if that makes sense? You could talk to obsessedwithliftin too....he was making that decision of physique vs bodybuilding and might have some other ideas for you too.

Thanks caligirl! I'll PM obsessedwl soon. Thanks for the tip :)

Funny how I just show up here huh? Lol Thanks Cali. Bro at your size I would defintiely start physique. From the looks of your pic in your av you could do very well there. It also gives you time to add serious mass and get your legs up to speed. In addtion to all that it gives you contest experience. It is quite humbling to say the least. I chose physique because my damn legs weren't getting there no matter how hard I worked they just wouldn't get big enough for the shows in my area. I would do physique and then plan a goal to be at size by a certain date for a BB show. Let me know if I can assist you in anyway bro!!!!!

Funny how I just show up here huh? Lol Thanks Cali. Bro at your size I would defintiely start physique. From the looks of your pic in your av you could do very well there. It also gives you time to add serious mass and get your legs up to speed. In addtion to all that it gives you contest experience. It is quite humbling to say the least. I chose physique because my damn legs weren't getting there no matter how hard I worked they just wouldn't get big enough for the shows in my area. I would do physique and then plan a goal to be at size by a certain date for a BB show. Let me know if I can assist you in anyway bro!!!!!

Hey thanks bro! I was intending to PM you at some point. Thanks for the assessmentI agree, I wouldn't want to take my legs on stage right now. I still have some time before my first show. I don't really plan on doing it this year so I have a little more time to work. I wonder how often there are physique shows in Texas. Thanks again Caligirl!!

Definitely do physique first. At your height and weight, you would have a tough time in a BB show, but I would be willing to bet you could do well in physique if you went in with the right condition.

Its a win no matter what, because you will get a taste of the stage, and what its like prepping for a contest without having to go to the extremes that bodybuilding prep requires. Physique competitors are usually around 6-7% bodyfat I think where bodybuilders go to 3-4% for a contest.

Definitely do physique first. At your height and weight, you would have a tough time in a BB show, but I would be willing to bet you could do well in physique if you went in with the right condition.

Its a win no matter what, because you will get a taste of the stage, and what its like prepping for a contest without having to go to the extremes that bodybuilding prep requires. Physique competitors are usually around 6-7% bodyfat I think where bodybuilders go to 3-4% for a contest.

Thanks a lot, Rick! That's good advice, because i've never even been at 6% bf before so 3 or 4% is going to take some time to learn because i really have no experience in cutting techniques as i've been constantly bulking for the last 5 years. I like my proportion right now but i have lbs and lbs of muscle i need to put on before i'll feel comfortable wearing a speedo lol jk but seriously, thanks for all the advice ladies and gentleman! :)

Top Bottom