Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anything before morning cardio

muscelove

Maybe this should be in the cardio section but i figured it had to do with food too. Anyway. I know they say cardio in the morning is the best in terms of raising the metobalism and for fat loss. Would a glass of Orange juice 4oz and a cup of coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar lessen the effectiveness of morning cardio due to the carbs they have. Wouldnt the caffiene have a positive effect.

any carbs you eat before morning cardio you will need to burn before you tap into your fat reserves.

The OJ is much more calorie and carb dense than an orange (plus you are missing the fiber)... for God's sake!!! Don't add sugar to it (or to anything else for that matter).

Your best bet would be:

1. Open up a can of whoopass coffee and have a LOADED mug (not a cup)... You will NEED to run to wear that thing off.

anyway, I am new to the morning cardio thing, but I find that running while on a caffeine high is exhilarating.... :p

Last edited:
Hell I forgo the cofee just in the interest of time and pop a cafeen pill. I drag my sorry ass out of the house at 5am do my lift and then hit the cardio all before my first meal. I have been getting the best result I've seen in the last two years using this method.

Lifting while on E has been a bit hard but so far I have enjoyed a lean mass increase as a result and my BF has dropped a lot.

But like Pintoca said stay away from anything with concentrated sugars/cabs, and don't use the sugar use splenda or sweet-n-low or something.

muscelove said:
Yea im gonna try just the coffee because it hits me immediatley.

A few days ago I switched to green tea before cardio. It gave me cramps from hell. I wonder why. Coffee doesn't do that to me. Think I'll switch back to coffee.

Anyone know why green tea causes cramps?

If you have a protein shake before am cardio, will you be burning the protein calories before anything else?

If that shake is 100% protein with no carbs (like pure whey isolate on water) some people will say it will help you protect muscle... In this sense, your body will tap into the most readily available energy source. Carbs is always the prefered ( I will not go into the 3 Energy Systems here, so I am simplifying, for the haters) , if those are not available, proteins come in second and fat a late third.

You put mik in it or any other fancy-flavored protein shake with carbs and starts to get nasty...

We shouldn't really get too anal about small details: fact of life is:

1. You will loose some muscle while cutting
2. You will gain some fat while bulking

Pintoca

if you eat anything before morning cardio, just make sure its _not_ anything that will raise blood-sugar/insulin. when insulin is elevated, you won't be able to access your bodyfat for energy, at least that's my understanding. The other side of the coin is, if you feel too tired/weak in the morning if you _don't_ eat anything first, then how good is that workout. And even further, if you find morning cardio a hassle, and you are prone to skip it, then a cardio workout later in the day, even though its technically less efficient, may be the better option. It really depends on your personality as much as the science behind it. By the way, there is a site that talks about this in great detail, among other things. . www.88days.org . highly recommended. :artist:

straight black coffee no sugar. If you can't stand the taste, water it down with cold water and skoll the fucker. You will not be dissapointed.

Top Bottom