Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Off-setting strict low-carb diets with junk food.

SAF

Is it ok to offset a strict, low-carb diet every week or so with 1 day of eating all the things we cant, like Taco Bell, ice cream, Burger King, IHOP, etc?

It's no mystery that you need to change your workout every few months because your muscles eventually compensate for your routine and stop growing. So in the same manner, a strict, low-carb diet, which is intended to burn fat, will cause the body to compensate against the diet and eventually stop burning fat. It's probably a good idea to have a 'widcard' day where you should eat pretty much anything you feel like. I'm thinking the reason for this is to not let your body get used to the strict diet, but then again, I'm not sure, that's why I posted this. :confused: Does this make sense? How often can you have wildcard days like this? Can you have them at all?

thanks guys,

SAF

bro ever heard of a cheat day?
reward yourself maybe once a week
it not only keeps you sane, but also actually speeds up your metabolism

Do you think once a week is too frequent? My body fat at the moment is about 8%, maybe less.

SAF

if you do the metabolic diet or the anabolic diet you should eat a max of 20carbs a day mon-fri then sat/sun have high carbs of all types

SAF said:
So, what are the types of foods you can eat on your cheat days?

lol, it's a 'cheat day', you eat whatever. I try to be reasonable, like have 'some' icecream instead of a gallon of it, but you get the drift. Just enjoy the day, or even meal if that's what you feel comfortable with.

Donuts are good...basically all the crap you long to eat during the week.

TxLonghorn said:

lol, it's a 'cheat day', you eat whatever. I try to be reasonable, like have 'some' icecream instead of a gallon of it, but you get the drift. Just enjoy the day, or even meal if that's what you feel comfortable with.

Donuts are good...basically all the crap you long to eat during the week.

thanks man, that's what I needed to hear, now I cant wait until next Wednesday! Oh the tragedy! :D

SAF

Personally, on my cheat days I still eat clean just eat more of the clean foods I eat during the week. Still helps keep metabolism humming along but I don't feel bad and don't have to worry about too many saturated fats or too much sugar. That's just me though. Most seem to like to really cheat, which is also fine in moderation.

Flame me all you want...but I strict diet 5 days a week and cheat on the weekends.....I keep my protein high but will eat anything and everything I want to....mosty chinese food and brownies...(personal addiction)

Its always worked very well for me without going too far overboard or doing any real damage to my overall physique..if the pros tell you they eat strict all the time...well maybe some...others its called junk food and DNP.

Peace,
WCP

Top Bottom