Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grapefruit Juice

skullcrushin22

I heard Grapefruit Juice intensify's any supplement that you are currently taking. I guess some medicine doctors prescribe warn you not to drink while on certain medicine due the improved intensity of the persription. I was thinking about picking some up. Is any of this true??

Thanks

Grapefruit juice increase the halflife of a lot of drugs/supplements. Foreign substances are metabolised by a series of enzymes in the body. The most commmon reaction is oxidation by cytochrome p450. cytp4503A4 makes up about 30% of this set of enzymes and this is what grapefruit juice inhibits. It also inhibits a transporter called p glycoprotein which will get rid of foreign substances being absorbed in intestine.
It thus has an effect on wide range of substances but not all are metabolised by cyt3A4 so some will be little effected.
Effected substances include hormones cocaine THC tamoxifen and many others what supplements i cant tell you.

Maxgain

Top Bottom