Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The body needs fat to burn fat?

Why do so many people recommend Cardio in the AM on an empty stomach, instead of Cardio post-lifting?

It all depends on your goal & your personal preference.. I've cut very successfully using both methods.

However, to clarify your statement, it is rarely recommended you do cardio AM on empty THEN train ... I see cardio POST weight training recommended ALL the time, if not the majority of the time. AM cardio on empty is usually suggested if that is an off day from weight of the weights are left to the PM...

AM cardio on empty for SOME people, may appear optimal for fat burning, but you will have people knock that & post of research stating why it's good/bad/etc & vice versa … all comes down to trying it out and seeing what works for you & for YOUR goals .

Right, that's what I was referring to - doing it on off days or when you lift in the PM.

I *hate* cardio, but what I was planning on doing is stop eating whatever the hell I want like 4 servings of ice cream right before bed, peanuts at work, drinking red bulls, etc.
(I do this on a regular basis and have a semi-6pack right now), and start doing cardio.

Ie - 20 minutes of fast paced cardio, 3 times a week as soon as I get out of bed (empty stomach). Then having a meal, then going to work, after this I'd be going directly to the gym to lift, then coming home. I usually just go to work, then lift afterwards.

Pikaberdot said:
Right, that's what I was referring to - doing it on off days or when you lift in the PM.

I *hate* cardio, but what I was planning on doing is stop eating whatever the hell I want like 4 servings of ice cream right before bed, peanuts at work, drinking red bulls, etc.
(I do this on a regular basis and have a semi-6pack right now), and start doing cardio.

Ie - 20 minutes of fast paced cardio, 3 times a week as soon as I get out of bed (empty stomach). Then having a meal, then going to work, after this I'd be going directly to the gym to lift, then coming home. I usually just go to work, then lift afterwards.
LOL Ya I'd say you'll probably sleep better if you stop carb loading before bed, but that's just me ... if it works for You & fits with in your daily caloric range, then hey, why fix what's not broken? I can't help but think although you may look good on the outside, your insides are hating you for the junk.

3 days 20 Minutes HIIT cardio AM on empty or sip on a DWOS "During workout Shake" , try it both ways... some people can't do AM cardio with anything in his/her stomach ... I usually mix my ISO & Gatorade & sip on that throughout my Cardio and training .. helps with my endurance amongst other things :)

Thanks - I'll def. give both a try and see what works best.

I don't think I look too good on the outside yet, that's why I am going to try and do things the right way and see where it gets me.

Pikaberdot said:
Thanks - I'll def. give both a try and see what works best.

I don't think I look too good on the outside yet, that's why I am going to try and do things the right way and see where it gets me.
Def. ditch the before bed feeding frenzy :)

& post results pllllleeeeease :)

I asked a similar question about that.... Sassy wrote that as long as its been 1-2hrs after a meal and I do cardio its like emty stomach cardio ... Ive done it and like it BUT am-emty HIIT is just something I prefer since I like getting the cardio done with and I like cardio breeze too :)

I dont have a kick ass cardio workout without it... I dont take it all the time but when I do OH MAN !!! I figure I cant take CB later in the day so I just get the cardio done in the am, and then other days when I lift, I will do it post workout!

Aries13 said:
I asked a similar question about that.... Sassy wrote that as long as its been 1-2hrs after a meal and I do cardio its like emty stomach cardio ... Ive done it and like it BUT am-emty HIIT is just something I prefer since I like getting the cardio done with and I like cardio breeze too :)

I dont have a kick ass cardio workout without it... I dont take it all the time but when I do OH MAN !!! I figure I cant take CB later in the day so I just get the cardio done in the am, and then other days when I lift, I will do it post workout!

Easy to moderate AM cardio on an empty stomach is what works best for me. The theory being that you have fasted for 8 or so hours and your body has to use stored fat as one of its sources of energy. I know some disagree, and some dont. I am not sure, that is why I tried it, and it works well for me. If I cant get to it in the am then I do it post weights. i dont really sweat it either way though, as long as I am doing it. I figure at most its just a little bit better one way or the other, since it ultimatly comes down to cals in vs cals out.

Top Bottom