Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back To School in 3 weeks... help Define my college diet please!

mdd

yep, back to school in about 3 weeks, and that means its time to get strict and serious.. the best part is I'M FINALLY OFF OF THE MEAL PLANS!!! so please, help me define a nice college diet

therefor, i need some ideas for the grocery shopping end. the best part is my roomate will also be on the same diet so things will be easier. i'm estimating i'll have about 50$ a week or so plus whatever my roomate spends to spend on food. here is a list of some stuff i have thought up that i will buy regularly:

- oatmeal
- oatmeal crisp w/almond cereal
- "X" amount of chicken breasts
- "X" amount of tuna packets
- almonds
- brown rice
- white rice
- potatoes
- steaks
- lean ground beef (to make Taco's with)
- tons of Deer meat (ground) also to use in taco's (depending on how this hunting season goes :) )
- peanut butter and jelly sandwitches
- many many hardboiled eggs

feel free to add any more ideas, i'll REALLY appreciate it

my god, i lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks after college was out and i stopped eating their cafeteria food. TRY AND STAY AWAY AT ALL COST. You in a dorm, house, apartment, trailer? Definetaly get a gearge foreman grill, and not the dinky $20 ones, if your in a dorm.

well i bought the $50 one and it was just big enough for 2 decent sized burgers, smaller ones work fine just take longer to make all ur stuff.

mdd said:

- oatmeal
- oatmeal crisp w/almond cereal
- "X" amount of chicken breasts
- "X" amount of tuna packets
- almonds
- brown rice
- white rice
- potatoes
- steaks
- lean ground beef (to make Taco's with)
- tons of Deer meat (ground) also to use in taco's (depending on how this hunting season goes :) )
- peanut butter and jelly sandwitches
- many many hardboiled eggs

feel free to add any more ideas, i'll REALLY appreciate it

From one poor college student to another:
-Cut out the white rice, just stick with brown rice (plus it is cheeper if you get Uncle Bens)
-use the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for your cheat once a week
-you can get egg whites cheaper and I think that they last longer.
-stick with sweet potatoes if you do not like sweet potatoes then regular will do just fine.
-when getting steaks try to get New York cut
-if you are wanting to make tacos with some taco kit(taco bell), then just use the chicken because when the sauce is put in, it tastes like ground beef anyways.

Try to limit your shakes to two a day. One of Whey before workout with a side serving of brown rice, and one after that contains casein, whey, and egg protein (ProM3 has those three protein in one shake, its by ISS Research and is the only one that I know of) with another side serving of brown rice.

Protein shakes aren't everything, real food does a better job.

Those are my thought bro'

barnes3

Top Bottom