Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

And you thought opera singers were fat and ugly.

Don't Cry For Me, Argentina!!!

Scotsman said:
Awesome!!!

How old? What range right now?

Cheers,
Scotsman

He is just 18 singing as a tenor. His voice won't start maturing until at least 21 but he is one of the few in his university that can hit a high C.

billfred said:
My son is training to be an opera singer!!

good luck to him, my wife has her masters degree in classical performance.. one point to consider, depending on what level he wants to perform at, he will have to tour in eu in order to get bookings here in the usa, otherwise, it's kind of like a glass ceiling..

travel young..

billfred said:
He is just 18 singing as a tenor. His voice won't start maturing until at least 21 but he is one of the few in his university that can hit a high C.

That's great man. Hopefully he can keep that range and higher note ability. Mens voices tend to deepen in their early 20's. Tenor is the range to be in for work though. I'm a baritone/bass and there just isn't a lot of music for us.

Cheers,
Scotsman

SpyWizard said:
good luck to him, my wife has her masters degree in classical performance.. one point to consider, depending on what level he wants to perform at, he will have to tour in eu in order to get bookings here in the usa, otherwise, it's kind of like a glass ceiling..

travel young..

Cool - thanks for the advice. He is actually doing a year of school in Germany. You have to have 2 yrs of either German or Italian for the degree so he is going to try on do that abroad and study some vocal there as well.

Does your wife still perform?? I really worry that this will just be a dead-end for him but I figure he can always go and sit behind a desk later.

Last edited:
billfred said:
Cool - thanks for the advice. He is actually doing a year of school in Germany. You have to have 2 yrs of either German or Italian for the degree so he is going to try on do that abroad and study some vocal their as well.

Does your wife still perform?? I really worry that this will just be a dead-end for him but I figure he can always go and sit behind a desk later.

The only dreams that are impossible are the ones we don't pursue.

I know it's impossible for a good father to not worry about his son's future, but if you believe it, it can happen. Sounds like you are already fully supporting him so just keep it up and let us know when he hits the bigtime.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
The only dreams that are impossible are the ones we don't pursue.

I know it's impossible for a good father to not worry about his son's future, but if you believe it, it can happen. Sounds like you are already fully supporting him so just keep it up and let us know when he hits the bigtime.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Thanks Scots - You are spot on and I really do appreciate that.

billfred said:
Thanks Scots - You are spot on and I really do appreciate that.

No worries man.

Now I'm going to go back to my burdgeoning crush on Natasha. :p

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom