Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the Longest/Shortest Duration of a Car Battery?

havoc

Shaolin Ninja
I purchased a new car in January of 2000, well today(20 months later) the battery was dead, I jumped it , its OK but obviously the battery will be replaced this week sometime. I was dissapointed that my battery lasted 20 months, what a crock of shit. My car has 23,000 miles on it and has alot of lights and extras that arent really needed but require alot of juice to operate plus a system in the back thats taking alot. But I was just suprised and disgruntled that this happend so early. My question to you is what is the longest or shortest duration that your particular car battery has lasted? Has anyone experienced a battery going DEAD in such a short time period?

If you have a system that you added to the car,
then yeah they will drain the battery real fast.

cock chugger try checking the water level in your battery. you should have some plugs on your battery that you can unscrew and look down in to see where the water is. my battery died about a year ago after around 2 years of use and i was like wtf this is ridiculous and i checked the water and it was way low so the battery wasn't able to recharge. i refilled with tap water, jumped it, and it lasted another year.

Hey supersize....

try distilled water in the battery next time. From experience, distilled water is alot better than tap water. Just a little info for you. Later.

Well I don't own a car but I've been noticing the quality of shoelaces has been diminishing a lot lately...

You should have used Duracell... that oughta teach ya... cheap fucker!!! =)

-Warik

Ooops, forgot to mention, BMW issued batteries dont have the water option , its a contained battery. Any other suggestions. Guess that fucker is just DEAD because its drained, hard to believe , what a piece of shit.

Havoc, don't listen to these turd burgulars especially Supersizeme, Runner has been hammering his ass too hard lately and it's loosened a few of his screws.

You need a bigger alternator. The drain on your battery from all the electronic will shorten a batteries life if the alternator isn't hefty enough to keep enough amps running to it. Also look into getting a deep cell marine battery for your car, they are made to take the extra abuse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom