Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

talk about a mongolian cluster fuck

Buddy_Christ

fixing the neighbor's computer......

thing was so damn screwed up i could barely transfer files from one hard drive to another to save them in the formatting process. lots of patience required.

went in with a linux program and formatted the 20g hard drive.

went to install XP with a burnt CD and it wouldn't auto boot. floppy drive in my computer is fubar. thought i was screwed.

found a win98 boot disk. booted in through that. couldn't install XP through that though. had to install win98. did minimal install (177mb total install).

installed XP once that was done.

hooked up to my cable modem, downloaded updates and anti-virus.

swapped files from 80g to 20g.

now i'm in the process of formatting the 80g drive. then i'm going to partition it, move the files back over from the 20g, and i should be done.

they better not screw this computer up again. i'm not going through this hell once more.

if it wasn't for a buddy of mine walking me through some of the DOS stuff while chatting on AIM, i'd still be sitting here looking at a black screen with a DOS prompt on it. damn.

are you familiar with the phrase Glutton for Punishment?

I feel for you bro. All this shit makes me want to go and take some computer courses so i can fix my own fuck ups. :chomp:

onebigab said:
I feel for you bro. All this shit makes me want to go and take some computer courses so i can fix my own fuck ups. :chomp:

i havn't taken a single computer course. a friend taught me everything i know, which is just enough to get by. met him in the Marine Corps and we've kept in contact ever since. great to make friends like that.

he built my current computer. once that was done and i installed some new hardware, i'm comfortable building my own with minimal guidance from him. just trial and repitition really.

Top Bottom