Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So I think my gf and I just broke up...

resqguy said:
She has a VERY expensive apartment in Newport Beach, CA and her roommate is leaving unexpectedly. Additionally, she's going to have to get new furniture because the majority of the furniture in the residence belongs to the person leaving. It's not life-threatening, but it's huge to her...

lol dude.....your girl needs a reality check.

why the fuck is she living in such an expensive apartment with almost NO belongings? To maintain the status quo?

She should be living in a fuckin studio....building up some money and doing things the right way.

its her own fault for making immature decisions. if shes taking it on you for this she's not a keeper...at all.

dont get me wrong, everyones problems are relative. but in the grand scheme of things, she needs to learn how to deal with that shit asap. life only gets harder....

calveless wonder said:
it definetely is that bro...

be careful man, sign of bad things to come. my ex girl used to do that ALL the time. I burdened the weight of all our problems(financial, emotional) yet i was often the "cause" of all her distress and everything. She'd go out and party and get drunk, and i'd stay home because we had to save money for bills and her piling medical expenses. She insisted that she was only miserable around me...yeah, of course. i was the manifestation of all the stupid decisions she made and bad luck she had. some women are so dumb, and ungrateful.

maybe she feels like you made a bad choice...let her cool off. if she's not strong enough to handle this, then you need a new girlfriend. as hard as it sounds. you find out the true colors of a person when you're at your lowest point

Your ex-girlfriend sounds like my ex-wife. :)

resqguy said:
Thank you. :) She said she wanted to work on things, but she wanted space. I told her to call me when she's ready to talk. For some reason, though, she's afraid I'm going to go out and hook up with random women. :worried: That's not me. I'm too old for that, lol.

She's obviously feeling like she's losing control of some basic parts of her life - finances are a scary one , esp for women who NEED that as a point of security. Let her know you're there if she needs to vent, needs a break from thinking about it or just needs a hug as well. Takes some of the impersonal feeling out of "call me when you're ready to talk" and I think helps remove that immediate fear of "omg he's gonna go out and fuck around now"....

resqguy said:
She has a VERY expensive apartment in Newport Beach, CA and her roommate is leaving unexpectedly. Additionally, she's going to have to get new furniture because the majority of the furniture in the residence belongs to the person leaving. It's not life-threatening, but it's huge to her...

wow

such a small deal

don't let that be her excuse

a couch and other is like what, $500-$800 max, unless she's a brand whore, then it could be expensive....

chewyxrage said:
that's good she's afraid of you hooking up w/ other girls....don't let her think otherwise...

how old are you?

I'm 33...and until recently, this was a completely normal relationship...

calveless wonder said:
lol dude.....your girl needs a reality check.

why the fuck is she living in such an expensive apartment with almost NO belongings? To maintain the status quo?

She should be living in a fuckin studio....building up some money and doing things the right way.

its her own fault for making immature decisions. if shes taking it on you for this she's not a keeper...at all.

dont get me wrong, everyones problems are relative. but in the grand scheme of things, she needs to learn how to deal with that shit asap. life only gets harder....

I see your point, but it's not that easy. She's lived in this apartment for almost 9 years, saving money for a down payment on a house. Shit's expensive in Orange County. Also, her landlord has NEVER raised the rent on anyone in the building, so she couldn't get a studio for what she's paying for her big-ass apartment. I can understand why she's stressed.

I've never understand why people live in a place they can't afford by themselves..

That's just an opportunity for stress IMO

if she can't lease a studio for less wtf does she do? waitress?

chewyxrage said:
I've never understand why people live in a place they can't afford by themselves..

That's just an opportunity for stress IMO

if she can't lease a studio for less wtf does she do? waitress?

The thing is..she CAN afford it by herself. That what irritates the hell out of me. She's only upset because she losing extra play money. She works for Pimco. If you have to ask what that is...then don't bother. :)

resqguy said:
The thing is..she CAN afford it by herself. That what irritates the hell out of me.

you're a good guy bro...but seriously, you need to snap out of it.

listen to what you're saying in this thread.

she's not being kicked out on the street, she can afford her living expenses...and she has a good job. she also has money SAVED up....

she can ALSO find a nother roomate. what would that take, 30 days?

yet she's having a crisis? If i were you, i would not even waste one ounce of emotional energy on her, again, little spoiled girl tantrum. give it to her straight, offer a solution, and if she doesn't get over it. oh well
you did what you could

when you have to live off rice and ramen noodles, take public transportation b/c gas is too expensive and have all your credit cards go into collection..then you have problems, and that's not even that bad. and believe me, that sucked..especially for a silver spooner.

Top Bottom