Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should small city cops make as much as big city?

D

Deadz

I found out that ottawa cops want the same pay as toronto cops... and it looks like they are going to get it.

72,000 annual for a cop, in ottawa, where the average morning news covers hockey scores and the weather VS toronto where the morning news is ALWAYS murder,car chase, fight, fire, drugs, etc...

so now all the decent cops in Toronto are going to probably say "hmmmmm less danger, less work - same pay in Ottawa?" NO BRAINER!

To me somethings just don't make sense.

the only way to deal with small town cops is a dagger to the brain stem.

As far as the money goes, most cops do not do it for money, they do it out of deep insecurities and a desire to carry a gun and drive fast. They all wish they were John Wayne.

I do not think any would move to the burbs, unless it was their nasty whore wives who made them. bitches. i just fucked one up last night but the fucking whore was begging for it. i mean she kept saying NO NO NO but i was like yeah, whatever bitch you want it so i fucked her in the ass and duct taped her yapper. OH YEAH!!

anythingbutsane said:
As far as the money goes, most cops do not do it for money, they do it out of deep insecurities and a desire to carry a gun and drive fast. They all wish they were John Wayne.

\hahahahahha

Hmmm....

In most places in the USA, local cops are paid more because of money.

You want to get a job? State and county agencies have more hiring, but lower pay. Often due to less funding. Municipalities (especially wealthy communities) often have more funding and higher pay. They are also more selective on who they hire. A typical officer gets on where he/she can and moves up to better paying positions if not getting the advancement they want with their current agency.

$35K is about the starting salary for NYPD.

Cops can't steal from "criminals" because no one is a criminal until convicted, and the cop isn't the jury (although your mindset has led a lot of them to think they are).

The highest paid cops are on Long Island, which not coincidentally has the highest paid property taxes, and is in economic trouble, despite being one of the wealthiest areas in the US.

Police salaries should be representative of the dangers associated with the job.

Small town cops shouldnt make as much as Big city cops because they dont do nearly the same job.

Look at almost every small town cop you've ever came in contact with. They are typically just traffic cops b/c there isnt really major crime... giving out of town people tickets, harassing high school kids, occaisionally having to deal with a "dangerous" domestic dispute.

anythingbutsane said it right with his 2nd paragraph.

Last edited:
I think they shouldn't. Even aside from the danger aspects of the argument, they cost off living is much less in rural areas than urban ones.

BeefyBull said:
Are they cops because it has the highest divorce rate of any occupation and 2nd-highest suicide rate (next to dentists)?

If I remember correctly #1 suicide rate of any profession is shrinks and cops #2 and dentist #3. Our psychology professor told us why psychologists and psychiatrists were #1 and why cops were #2 but never told us why dentist, orthodontists in particular were # 3 on the list. I don't get it, anbody know why? Should have asked.

Top Bottom