Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Septem8er Tapes: Real bullets, real RPGs, really great fucking movie!

75th

ololollllolloolloloolllol
EF VIP
http://www.firstlookmedia.com/films/septembertapes/footage/SeptemberTapes_Trlr_700.mov

Had the great pleasure of watching a private screening of this last night. Having been to both Afghanistan and Iraq I can say that this is by far the most realistic war movie ever made.

Extremely low budget, the film was shot outside Kabul in 2002. Real bullets were used. Real RPGs were launched. Upon returning to the U.S. the Department of Defense siezed the 40 hours or so of film that was used and held it for a year or so ensuring that no classified intel would be exposed.

End result, one of the best movies of the year, and the most visceral war movie in history. Be sure to catch it when its released next month.

^

bro it looks sweet/

hardrock said:
So this is not real war footage or is it?

Yes and no.

The crowds are real. The arms dealers are real. The rounds and RPG's fired are real. There is a roadblock scene in the film (you get a glimpse of it in the trailer: a masked man pointing a gun towards the camera) that was real...the director just kept the camera running. There is some battle footage that was captured by the filmmakers during skirmishes between the Northern Alliance and some Taliban loyalists. (Northen Alliance members served as pseudo technical advisors on the film...which pretty much means they let the filmmakers tag along during their operations).

I just cant imagine the feeling of sitting in the back of a pickup truck driving away from someone who you know is about to fire a real RPG in your direction.

p0ink said:
is this going to be in major theaters or just indy ones?

Chances are just indy ones...the majority of the moviegoing public wouldnt be interested in something like this. The PR people from this studio need to capitalize on the Open Water success and start marketing this thing heavily. Trust me, its a great film.

ChewYxRage said:
Wow. I need to see that, right NOW

Yes, you will not regret it. There are only a few films that can affect you on such a visceral level as this one does. Like the bank robbery scene in "Heat" the realism and excitement takes it to a whole new level.

Top Bottom