Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am a pack rat...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
Help me please I am trying to clean out stuff I don't use but I have an attachment to stuff especially clothes. I am cleaning my closet what should I toss? Right now I think anything that is ripped, stained or to big is getting tossed. Also magazines I hold on to them fitness one I keep cause I like to flip through them if I am looking for new ideas or to change something up but fashion and gossip rags when should I toss them once they are 3 months old?

Easy way to solve that habit is to move a few times.

You quickly decide if you really want to buy something new or not because you might have to move it and it will turn from prized possession to just another piece of shit you have to move.

Or, if you buy something new you must get rid of something.

I have to admit I'm a magazine whore (stacks of them) - sigh, I keep promising myself that I will just rip out the pages I want to keep as I read it but that has yet to happen repeatedly.

Like I keep telling you, Q. Wear the clothes. Do a workout in them and get them all sweaty. Then, sell'em on Ebay.

lol, I am too. I keep everything. I have started donating clothes I do not wear - and I am looking at it honestly. No more keeping clothes simply because "one day" I *might* wear it. Same with shoes.

If I haven't worn it in the last year, I will never wear it again. SO I donate it.

I have a bag of clothes I'm getting ready to give to Goodwill. Mostly stuff that's too small. I have a skillion t-shirts though and I just can't throw them away. Last week I chunked a ton of old computer parts i'd never use again.

Agree with velvett.. move a few times and its all gone

ive moved 6 times in the last 2 years and lets say I dont have worthless shirt around :)

i like her is always a magazine whore.. i have ton of old muscle mags internationals from like 2001 .. also toss out of clothes too .. take up space and are no longer "in"

velvett said:

You quickly decide if you really want to buy something new or not because you might have to move it and it will turn from prized possession to just another piece of shit you have to move.

Or, if you buy something new you must get rid of something.

Yeah, I have a bunch of heavy ass computer books that will be jettisoned before I move.

velvett said:

bingo. I had to do this before I joined the military, there was NO WAY IN HELL I was gonna move all my stupid shit all the time. My philosophy now is live light, don't buy shit. ;)

Top Bottom