Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Have you ever successfully faced a fear and gotten over it?

jack sparrow

Think like Jack
Platinum
I hate heights, yet roller coasters and airplanes don't bother me. No matter what I do to try to get over my fear of heights, it doesn't work. Whenever I'm up high I always feel like the bottom is gonna fall out.

i used to be scared of physical confrontation. then i beat the hell out of some guys who bullied me in HS. now i step up to anyone and feel nothing. so yeah

I used to be afraid of heights, even small heights like ladders and shit. So what did I do to get over that? I went skydiving, jumping out at 14,000 ft. I loved every second of that !

Jack Schitt said:
I hate heights, yet roller coasters and airplanes don't bother me. No matter what I do to try to get over my fear of heights, it doesn't work. Whenever I'm up high I always feel like the bottom is gonna fall out.

Personally, I don't think people are really afraid of heights. They are afraid of falling.

Jack Schitt said:

Company relocated to RenCen is downtown Detroit. You have to go up glass elevators to reach your floor ... from 2-39. I had 19 and 36.

First trip up and I had panic attack. Surprised me because I had been up in copters, Twin Towers, Eiffel Tower and so on.

Went to Behavioral Modification shrink and learned how to handle it in 3 sessions. I had to learn to breath and translate the experience into fun. Simply facing it and/or defying it made the attack worse.

thelion2005 said:
Company relocated to RenCen is downtown Detroit. You have to go up glass elevators to reach your floor ... from 2-39. I had 19 and 36.

First trip up and I had panic attack. Surprised me because I had been up in copters, Twin Towers, Eiffel Tower and so on.

Went to Behavioral Modification shrink and learned how to handle it in 3 sessions. I had to learn to breath and translate the experience into fun. Simply facing it and/or defying it made the attack worse.
Or...get a blowjob while you're going up the elevators and air high five everyone who sees you.

Jack Schitt said:

If something scares me I tend to charge full speed ahead till I'm not scared anymore.

When I was younger I was terrified of roller coasters that went upside down...so I went on one for the first time...and then 7 more times in a row after that...till I could hold my hands up off the lap bar on the loop. Had one HELL of a headache...but I wasn't afraid!

thelion2005 said:

I don't see myself going to a shrink, but was the translation difficult? What do you do, think of something that makes you laugh?

Top Bottom