Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

do material items define who you are? does your car say anything about you? etc..

M

madbomber31

curious, do you think the stuff you own defines who you are? does it make you better than someone else? does your car say anything about you? are you that shallow?

are you deeper than that? is who you are what is inside of you? in your mind? in your heart?

what defines who you are??? what makes you better than others? are you better? why?

I sure hope not, because I have next to nothing.

People who judge others based on material posessions alone should have a fireplace poker shoved handle-deep into their rectum.

In the end, material things mean nothing-if they do define you then you truly are lacking in substance. I've learned that some of the richest people tool around in beat up wranglers wearing torn teeshirts and dirty jeans (because they're comfortable with who they are) and some of the brokest people motor around in (leased) Mercedes and live in wealthy neighborhoods (mortgaged to the hilt) to give the impression of wealth.Who you are means more than what you drive.

Reactions: Cut
That is all too deep for me right now.

But let me tell you this, I am judged on what I wear, how I look and the car I drive as everyone else. I drive my car because it's a good car, I've had no problems and I am an enthusiat of that particular car/model. I hate when people think that I am a certain type of person because of it and when I feel that vibe the defenses go up full force. What is worse is when some assumes that a man bought it for me or it was from my *daddy*. PISSES ME OFF to high hell.

I am who I am because of the experiences of my life and how they have shaped me as a person. Some good, some bad, some just too hard to alter.

I own what makes me happy, some of it made, some of it was cheap and some of it I had to work my ass off to save for and they all make me feel equally as good.

People will judge and based decisions both good and bad, there's nothing you can do about it. As the flip side, owning material goods doesn't make you a better or more content human being. Only you can make you happy and only you can make you a good person.

Bah, I'm babbling now and not making my point well enough. (See that is what happens when I should be doing work and not posting my ramblings here on this board.)

I definitely don't think material possessions define who a person is. Some people like to take pride in the clothes that they wear, car that they drive, etc, but if they cram it in others' faces, I don't think highly of them. So what if you drive a nicer car than somebody else. A lot of people drive what they do because it's affordable, it gets them where they need to go, and they don't feel the need to 'impress.' There is nothing wrong with that.

I honestly think if a person looks at another person and judges them by what they have and don't have (material possession's that is) then they are actually very shallow people. I take pride in everything I own, and even if I drove a piece of shit clunker, I would take pride in that (if it got me where I wanted to go, of course...haha). It's called having 'character.'

If your not enough without alot of material goods....you'll never be enough with them. No I don't think that any of my belongings define me.

"I am not my job...I am not my fuckin khakis..." TD

materialism sucks. i don't want anyone to ever like me just because i roll in an S500 Benz that sits on chrome 20 inch dubs, my platinum capped teeth, my diamond bezeled up rollie, or my 8 figure home. seriously whenever i start to feel depressed from people being so materialistic, it just makes me want to take the elevator up to the 4th floor of my home and jump off the roof but i fear i might not kill myself, but rather land in my marble olympic sized swimming pool and it might splash all the honeys chilling by it.

i, of course, completely agree... i am not defined by my job, my job is merely a means to an end... that end is getting money to live... i am what is in my mind, i am what is in my "heart", my "soul"...

its a shame some pathetic people judge on possessions... so sad, so very sad...

does your car say anything about you at all? or does it just say "i bought this cuz i liked it and it gets me where i need to go."

madbomber31 said:
does your car say anything about you at all? or does it just say "i bought this cuz i liked it and it gets me where i need to go."

Guys thinks it's cool, makes them want to be *my friend*while we compare make, model and spoiler details. oh joy

:rolleyes:

a car needs to be comfortable, in good shape with a good motor and get reasonable gas mileage. I found one like this for $995. An expensive car isn't woth it if you have to sacrifice other things in life to get it.

Top Bottom