Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey Protein

I use Pure Whey by prolab. Its like 32 grams per scoop, and you're supposed to take two scoops per shake. I think you're supposed to have like 1-2 shakes per day. On the package it says inbetween meals and post workout.

So I guess that would be like 148 grams a day. I just bought it though and I don't know much about it yet.

If you're referring to whey protein by itself, I only get about 40 - 50 grams daily and I use Optimum's 100% Whey. Whey is metabolized fairly quickly and when taken by itself, much of it's amino acid profile is converted to glycogen rather than mucsle support/growth.

I like to use whey shakes with whole foods for that reason. If you're going to down a shake by itself or on an empty stomach, you better off using a blended protein like Met-Rx or Pro Complex. The blended nature (usually a combo of egg, casein, whey isolate and concentrate) offer a more sustained release of aminos during digestion which lends these type of products more toward anti-catabolism rather than anabolism.

I don't know if I anwered your question exactly or not. :)

I take 30 gr. of whey 1.5 hr. pre workout with oatmeal and the same 30 min. post workout. I feel that this gives me plenty of carbs and protein befor and after my workout. I try to get the rest of my protein from food. Speaking of which, it's time for a can of Tuna. I am thinking about getting some casein to supplement at other times througout the day.

I would be looking to get at least 40 g of protein per serving, I use the Kaizen pure Whey which is 24 g of protien per soop, I have 3 scoops with each shake as I get much better results from a higher than recommened protien intake, the thing to remeber is that the majority of testing for all the protien & vitamin requirements are using regular people, when you are training with weights & looking to build muscle your bodies requirement for protien is higher, also the more muscle you have the more protien your body needs.

Guy

Top Bottom