Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Premaking protein shakes and taking them cold

gat1124

Where I live now we have very hot weather, so I liketo take my protein shakes, and all the supplements that are mixedwith water, in cold form. Some people in the gym say that you can nottake them cold, and that you should not store the protein shakealready mixed in the fridge, as it goes bad if you don't drink itimmediately. How true or reasonable is that?

Where I live now we have very hot weather, so I liketo take my protein shakes, and all the supplements that are mixedwith water, in cold form. Some people in the gym say that you can nottake them cold, and that you should not store the protein shakealready mixed in the fridge, as it goes bad if you don't drink itimmediately. How true or reasonable is that?

Depends how long you leave it. I've made shakes and kept them in the fridge overnight, had to shake it back up and didn't taste that great, but as for protein intake I doubt it was affected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no issue drinking a protein shake cold. Remember that whey is dairy so it will go rancid at some point. I don't think using it the same day will matter much though.

When you mix a whey protein supplement with water, the protein molecules will slowly start to denature. However, that doesn't make the protein useless. Your body denatures the protein in order to digest it in your digestive tract.

However, whey protein is a dairy product and it will start to go bad so you want to consume the protein shake within 24 hours after mixing it.

It's not true. But here's an idea. Mix it at half the amount of liquid you'd usually use then make up the rest with ice. Stick it in the fridge and use within a work day (8 hours or so).

If you don't leave the protein shake for too long, it should be fine. I would not leave it for more than a day in the fridge. Ideally, I try to leave it pre-made for a couple of hours while I am in the gym.

A cold whey protein may be a bit harder to digest, but the difference won't be noticeable. In any case, you will get more benefits of getting your body cooled down.

Top Bottom