Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glutamine Powder - Gold or Garbage?

Glutamine Powder - Garbage or Gold?

• Gold

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Garbage

Votes: 53 21.3%
  • I have no idea but enjoy excercising my right to have my voice heard, although my voice isn't really

Votes: 85 34.1%

• Total voters
well, besides what they have not yet proven about glutamine. ever since i start taking it, muscle soreness has gone away alot faster than when i wasn't taking it. on top of that, i have IBS, and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as before.

Re: Please make it stop !!

Omega said:
your still not getting it
wrote clearly what the reality is and your continueing to dismiss it in not valid
I understand that the sole purpose of bringing this issue to the attention of members here is to promote your product. I have no problem with that. But the published facts with regards to supplementing with glutamine, either in a free form or as a peptide, along with my ethics, do not permit me to agree with what you are saying.

does Glutamine Mysteriuosly become valuable when you go through Hospital doors?
Glutamine is very valuable ... especially to a supplement company (any supplement company) which relies on sales at the expense of consumers or published facts.

Trauma is Trauma, the body is challeneged when abody builder does Cardio Double days or trains twice a day, if this is not trauma what is?
Visit the TRAUMA centre at your local hospital and count the number of bodybuilders who are performing cardio. Now count the number of people who are suffering from third degree burns. This is what 'trauma' is. What you are continually referring to is 'fatigue' and fatigue can be reduced simply by hydrating the body correctly and re-establishing electrolytes. Have a thorough read of how and why 'glutamine peptides' are used in the treatment of trauma patients and you will understand this issue better.

you Comment on OMEGA 3 '?s while interesting are not comparible to glutamine or the discussion proceeding forth.
As my comment mentioned, 'If it is just a question of soreness you wish to address' as you previously mentioned in your posting, then a balanced Omega 3:6 ratio and hydration will work fine. I only posted that because you mentioned 'soreness'.

You posted a question and a poll.
Assuming this was not a rhetorical posting, you now have my feedback.
Let's just leave it at that.

KIAN PHILLIPS -- BSc/SpSc - CPT

why leave it at that?, why dont you ready the feedback of real people, with you know real results..........

or let me guess its a conspiracy theory foisted by me and the company to brainwash people .

or could it be that the product works?
I am firm in my position becuase its poppy cock, to say something does not work till you have tried it, and further it insults the intergity of users who have tried it and say in plain fashion that glutamine peptides work.

I am only represented the truth, and dont diparage you for sharing opinion and whatever point of view you have..................but when you over step bounds to say its just company profit, or that people are stupid and niave then that is WRONG...

lets leave it at that:)

I've been using Glutamine Select with BCAAs by Beverly Int. I take 10g during my workouts and 5g after. I've been doing it for a month now and I see a difference in my pump and overall size. But, my results might be because I changed the intensity of my workout and have been pushing myself to the max, Glutamine or not.

Addition of glutamine to essential amino acids and carbohydrate does not enhance anabolism in young human males following exercise.

* Wilkinson SB,
* Kim PL,
* Armstrong D,
* Phillips SM.

Exercise Metabolism Research Group, Department of Kinesiology, McMaster University, 1280 Main St. West, Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1, Canada.

We examined the effect of a post-exercise oral carbohydrate (CHO, 1 g.kg(-1).h(-1)) and essential amino acid (EAA, 9.25 g) solution containing glutamine (0.3 g/kg BW; GLN trial) versus an isoenergetic CHO-EAA solution without glutamine (control, CON trial) on muscle glycogen resynthesis and whole-body protein turnover following 90 min of cycling at 65% VO2 peak. Over the course of 3 h of recovery, muscle biopsies were taken to measure glycogen resynthesis and mixed muscle protein synthesis (MPS), by incorporation of [ring-2H5] phenylalanine. Infusion of [1-13C] leucine was used to measure whole-body protein turnover. Exercise resulted in a significant decrease in muscle glycogen (p < 0.05) with similar declines in each trial. Glycogen resynthesis following 3 h of recovery indicated no difference in total accumulation or rate of repletion. Leucine oxidation increased 2.5 fold (p < 0.05) during exercise, returned to resting levels immediately post-exercise,and was again elevated at 3 h post-exercise (p < 0.05). Leucine flux, an index of whole-body protein breakdown rate, was reduced during exercise, but increased to resting levels immediately post-exercise, and was further increased at 3 h post-exercise (p < 0.05), but only during the CON trial. Exercise resulted in a marked suppression of whole-body protein synthesis (50% of rest; p < 0.05), which was restored post-exercise; however, the addition of glutamine did not affect whole-body protein synthesis post-exercise. The rate of MPS was not different between trials. The addition of glutamine to a CHO + EAA beverage had no effect on post-exercise muscle glycogen resynthesis or muscle protein synthesis, but may suppress a rise in whole-body proteolysis during the later stages of recovery.

PMID: 17111006 [PubMed - in process]

i have a nightime stack for hgh since im 17 and im hoping to bust an extra inch out..............its consists of 2-3g gaba, 2g alpha gpc, and 5g glutamine...............you think i should ditch the l-glutamine?

Top Bottom