Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

flax seeds as antiestrogen - not flax oil!

blacker

Has anyone had any experience with crushed flax seeds as an natural antiestrogen? Lots of articles compare it with tamoxifen in terms of effects, but even if it's exaggerated a bit it must have some positive effects, and for $2 a lbs you really cant complain if it works even just a little bit!

$2/lb :) I get 50lb bags for $7.50! Seeds are much better than oil, and when unground, they last forever. Only thing that sucks, is that you have to grind them daily. If you were to grind enough for a month, or even a few days, they would go rancid and become poisonous very quickly. As far as an anti estrogen, I doubt it. But they are a kick ass source for EFA's and fiber :)

Where do you get them at that price?

Where do you get the bags of flaxseeds? ARe there local shops that sell them? thanks

Go to a grain elevator, or maybe even feed store. Don't worry, they're the same thing you eat. They grow flax seeds in Northern MN, I pick up a bag once a year when I'm there.

Go to a grain elevator, or maybe even feed store. Don't worry, they're the same thing you eat. They grow flax seeds in Northern MN, I pick up a bag once a year when I'm there.

Where in Northern MN do they grow them? And, can't you just chew the seeds?

TheFng, you could chew the seeds, but they're so small you probably wouldn't chew them up very well, and would end up shitting them out:mix: Go buy a coffee grinder, they're about $15-20. Besides you live in MN, you should be drinking coffee anyways :) The place I got them was up past Grand Forks about 60 miles south of Canada, which is a looooong 6 hour+ drive from Minneapolis. They grow flax all over Northern MN, I suppose anywhere could work.

Go buy a coffee grinder, they're about $15-20. Besides you live in MN, you should be drinking coffee anyways

I have a coffee grinder and I just finished my first pot of coffee of the day (its 8:00 A.M.). I should still take exception to your stereotypical comment regarding Minnesotans though. LOL! I am going to take your advice but I fear I may consume too much flax seed if I drink it in all my coffee. I'll just confine it to A.M. coffee consumtion.

Hey bro, nothing wrong with being a caff-head, except withdrawl. Don't worry, I live on the west side of "The Cities" so we're in the same boat. Get a second grinder bro. I use a seperate grinder for flax seeds. I don't want to contaminate my precious French Roast with flax, nor do I wan to add coffee grounds to my late night Flax/Protein drink.

Top Bottom